Noontec Hammo (reviews, impressions, etc)
Dec 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #16 of 58
I've been watching for the release of the Hammo since about the middle of this summer and every time I go to the main site http://en.noontec.com/En/ (the site where the specs are referenced to) I see that that it still only says they are coming soon even despite that the last few months have seen the Hammo pop up in quantity on places such as amazon. I have been reluctant to consider ordering them because of this lack of confirmation from the developing company and a lack of sites that I consider to be at least somewhat reputable review sites doing a review or release conformation on this follow up to the Zoro ( arguably one of the greatest headphones to ever come out ) which got such amazing remarks from places such as cnet and engadget. I just don't know whether to trust that they are officially out due to these thing and a lack of way to contact Noontec themselves and ask because their contact page http://en.noontec.com/En/About-Noontec/contact.html does not load anything and i have tried contacting the emails on the bottom on any of their pages (support@noontec.com and sales@noontec.com)  but have yet to receive even a "That's not my area" email back. So how are you guys all certain that these are the official Hammo headphones from the official Noontec company because I would love to be certain that they are out as well so i can go get some with confidence that I'm not going to be completely ripped off by some little bootlegging Chinese company.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 58
If anyone can assist me with some more detailed instructions about removing the pads, I would be very grateful.  I purchased these and am having the same issue with muddy mids/highs as was described in an earlier post, and I'd like to take off the pads and check for the sticker.

Also, I have larger ears and would like to know how to do this so that I can replace pads anyway.  I have been using an old ID card, and can pop the lip off the sides of one cup, but I can't get the top and bottom and I don't want to break them.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #18 of 58
1. Gently pull out the pads
2. Identify and remove the black sticker
3. Insert back the pads (this is the difficult part, be patient and use a plastic card)
4. Enjoy your Hammos, if you can fix them, you will LOVE the headphones, no more STAX for me :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #19 of 58
So i went this through hassle in which i returned my products noontec Hammo & Zoro, they said nothing was wrong with the products. spent about 20$ on shipping for it to be returned. I also had to wait almost a month and half for the product to be returned. items were shipped on Nov 22, 2013, i received the shipment Jan 6, 2014.

but thank you vegatel34, i took out the lips, and removed the stickers on the driver. the headphones sound a bit fuller now, no longer that dome sound feeling, but no longer sounding muffled either.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #20 of 58
They look great! I know they're fairly new, but how do the Hammo's compare in sound to other headphones? like the Logitech UE6000, Sony MDR-1R, V-Moda M100, Momentums, etc.? Are they V-shaped, neutral, warm...good for pop, EDM, acoustic, rock? I'd imagine they would be good for those genres. I'm definitely getting one set of more portable "lifestyle" over-ears and based on Noontec reviews the Hammo's seem like a good contender.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #22 of 58
I just got my pair today, I really love the design, and they are very comfortable. However, I've noticed a couple of things. First, the right headphone folds very easily while the left one has a snap to it, is anyone else having this? Also, my noontec zoros are a bit louder, is that due to the fact that the Hammos are not burned in yet? I inspected to see if there were any stickers on the drivers but there weren't any. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #23 of 58
I just got my pair today, I really love the design, and they are very comfortable. However, I've noticed a couple of things. First, the right headphone folds very easily while the left one has a snap to it, is anyone else having this? Also, my noontec zoros are a bit louder, is that due to the fact that the Hammos are not burned in yet? I inspected to see if there were any stickers on the drivers but there weren't any. 

Don't have the hammo's, but I just got the noontec wireless and its really hard to fold both sides. Idk why it's like that, on reviews they seem to fold easily but mine have a snap

The loudness might be the difference in impedance, though don't take my word for it

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #27 of 58
Sorry, but I don't see why anyone would go out wearing these or the Zoros in public. You'll always be known as that person who has the Beats knockoffs, and no matter how hard you try, there's no way to convince everyone otherwise.

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #28 of 58
The Noontech. Hammo sounds great......a fun headphone with great sound across the board. Listen at under$100 ....a great deal......SORRY BUT THIS PAIR OF CANS IS FLAT OUT BETTER THAN BEATS. Which incidently is no big thing.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #30 of 58
The Noontech. Hammo sounds great......a fun headphone with great sound across the board. Listen at under$100 ....a great deal......SORRY BUT THIS PAIR OF CANS IS FLAT OUT BETTER THAN BEATS. Which incidently is no big thing.

I agree 100%, but that doesn't change the fact that every single Beats fanboy is going to come out of the woodwork to ridicule you once they see you because no matter what way you put it, these are a Beats knockoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back