noob
Oct 28, 2012 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

greggreynolds

New Head-Fier
Hi All,
 I need a little advice regarding some IEM's 
I have looked on your forums at the discussions of 535 vs westone.

I found a UK website that seems to be the cheapest. I looked into the company's reviews and they are a mixed bag.
Just wondered if anyone has purchased from this place.

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=10974

I am mainly listen to electronic/sound design/hiphop and produce this style of music too.

I am still unsure but seem to be leading towards the shures for some reason.
I think the westone cable looks kinda flimsy in the photos?
I have owned SE315 before which i liked but the cable sucked!
I have seen the detachable developments and they look promising.
Could you tell me is their a remote control adapter available for the 535/westone?

As a wild card I was also looking at grado gr10 but without the detachable cable I am reluctant.

let me know your thoughts

thanks

G

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I found a UK website that seems to be the cheapest. I looked into the company's reviews and they are a mixed bag.
Just wondered if anyone has purchased from this place.

Haven't purchased from them but apparently yes sometimes you get lucky, other times you don't. They also seem to ship from hongkong. Which makes the price difference a lot less spectacular. In my opinion you'd be better of trying to buy the ones you want from another shop, amazon sell them for 10% more, those 10% aren't worth the hassle you might encounter.

As far as the cables go, both of them can be replaced (I imagine you're looking at the westone 4r or one of the x series anyway).

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi Thanks,
Yeah i did a bit more snooping and it looks like a bad company to buy from.
Was wondering if you new if there is a headphone remote available for either the westone/or shure.
I did have one for my se325 but not sure if that is the case with the 535's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back