NOOB set-up advice: External HD to Mac to Stereo
Jun 22, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dead simple

great! how?
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #19 of 22
quick update... no external HD yet, but i uploaded part of the library from my PC-formatted iPod via Senuti onto my MacBook. it's mostly encoded in 256kbps/VBR AAC.

it's playing on my stereo right now, through airtunes and a Radio Shack GS 1/8"/RCA cheapo IC.

i'm damned impressed with the results. can't wait to hear how it sounds once i get a DAC into the chain, and running USB from the Airport Express to the DAC.

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the airport express can't run a dac from the usb, unfortunately, only from the optical out.

aw man, that's a real downer.

i had all three inputs alotted: coax from the universal player, optical from the cable box and USB from the airport express...

now i've another conundrum.
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #22 of 22
welp... made my next big step in this little project. i have a PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Cullen L3 mods on order.

i'm going to use a regular toslink cable with a mini-adapter so i can switch it between my Airport Express and my cable box.

i'm considering getting something like this optical switcher so i can hook my STB and Airport Express into the same input. but i worry about signal corruption.

anyone ever used one before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back