Noob seeking help: Electronic, over-ear, ~$200
May 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hazertag

New Head-Fier
I know theres a thread for this specifically, but of the 2 times I posted in it, I could not return to find my post or posts replying to mine.  So here I am.  I also sold my headphones recently, so my timetable has been sped up a bit.

Music: Electronic.  Mostly downtempo and ambient, but I dig House too.
Source: 85% iPhone/computer.  I do, however, buy FLAC fairly often.  I also have a decent turntable and amp that I'd like to use the cans with.
Design: Over ear.  I dig/want the over/around ear design, for isolation purposes. Also, I do hope to travel with the cans, so *semi* portable is a plus.
Price: ~$200 or so.

I don't plan on buying a headphone amp with the headphones immediately, but MAY in the future. 

I know you guys will at least give me a good place to start...its a big jungle out there.

I really appreciate your help!

May 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Ultrasone HFI-580 is the way to go. 

May 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 5
Been reccommended Ultrasones before.  The price on those $130 is what I spent on my last ones. Looking to jump up a price range (price does not equal quality, i know)...so what about the 750's @ $235? 

Also been looking at the Denon D1100/D2000...

May 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #4 of 5
The Denon D2000 may be good, but they are semi-closed at best. They do not isolate sound that well. Of course, they are also quite large, so depending on how important "semi" portability is to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back