noob needs help with his first set of nice CANS !!
May 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #31 of 43
800s is a nice mixer... Ill put my money ur an allen and heath kinda guy .. I just think its unecessary to have 2 mids ..

Don't put discourage me like that
smily_headphones1.gif
gimme some advice ..

So the hd 25s I'm assuming no amp portable and maybe a amp for the pc?

May 3, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #32 of 43
For $300 go for Grado SR225i.you wont regret it if you like to listen to rock, metal punk type of music

May 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #34 of 43
get the hd25 and try it out. It has been one of the most used headphones in the "pro world" like radio station, TV audio recordist, DJs etc so I guess you cant go wrong with them.

For music enjoying, you might want something else like colouration and soundstage. These are the stuff the HD25 don't offer. I'm not gonna give you any further advice on this one since I am not a basshead and have no clue what house music sounds like :p

May 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassinURface /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were living In the electronic/house era right how do you not know what it sounds like lol

I don't know where you live, but different places define "house" differently.

May 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #37 of 43
Too much bass on electro music will make u get nausea. But yeah, no point really in having an amp for your ipod. I mean, theres a difference, but the portability loss and the price isnt worth it. It's very cumbersome to walk around with a long LOD cable, rechardgable batteries and all that. If you want to use them with your PC u will most likely get distortion without a DAC, having an amp without a DAC wont make it any better, probably worse, but if you're going to buy a DAC you're also going to need an external amp. And then of course there are combos. D4 mamba or D2+ boa is the first that comes to my mind, but there are also some cheaper alternatives around 100 bucks like the m-audio transit which i believe has an integrated amp as well.

www.ibasso.com
M-Audio Transit USB | Sweetwater.com

Both the D2+ and the D4 have integrated amps. Remember that they can just be run from USB, and not optical or other digital formats.

But seriously, hear me out on this, what's the difference on buying one now, and one later, instead of buying two at once and realize it really wasn't worth it. Either way the HD 25 is very portable, and when u start to climb the price range, you wont be that portable anymore.

May 4, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #39 of 43
gbjerke thx for ur honest response ... Ur right I should make 1 nice setup with my hd25s than getting 2 headphones first .. I havnt ever had legit headphones yet so I'm sure ill be satisified for now ... especially trowing that extra $250.00 to get a nice DAC/AMP will make me even happier.

I'm going to pick up the hd25s and one of those combos ... Btw will all those work well? [ that iBasso D4 Mamba looks perfect and i think it will do the trick] i dont need a better sound card on my laptop do I? Otherewise I think IM SET!

And 2nd I'm sure ill be able to mix with them too ..
Btw I know 800s work well with electro music .. But no idea about headphone quality through them .. Wat are ur ideas

Ill just pick up a 2nd pair of nice comfy bassy headphones later haha

I pretty much made my decesion thx to all
smily_headphones1.gif

Now i understand the whole wallet thing .. but screw it .. when your a music guy thats all that makes you happy :]

May 4, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #41 of 43
Hey, I would recommend the Ultrasone DJ1 Pros, simply put my favorite progressive house, tech house artist is the Mau5. The headphones have plenty of bass but also more importantly they don't sacrifice the mids which really bring out the glory of that Moog Voyager synth :p

May 4, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassinURface /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gbjerke thx for ur honest response ... Ur right I should make 1 nice setup with my hd25s than getting 2 headphones first .. I havnt ever had legit headphones yet so I'm sure ill be satisified for now ... especially trowing that extra $250.00 to get a nice DAC/AMP will make me even happier.

I'm going to pick up the hd25s and one of those combos ... Btw will all those work well? [ that iBasso D4 Mamba looks perfect and i think it will do the trick] i dont need a better sound card on my laptop do I? Otherewise I think IM SET!

And 2nd I'm sure ill be able to mix with them too ..
Btw I know 800s work well with electro music .. But no idea about headphone quality through them .. Wat are ur ideas

Ill just pick up a 2nd pair of nice comfy bassy headphones later haha

I pretty much made my decesion thx to all
smily_headphones1.gif

Now i understand the whole wallet thing .. but screw it .. when your a music guy thats all that makes you happy :]

Yeah they will all work well, and i think you're misunderstanding DAC; maybe I wasn't clear, but the DAC is a new soundcard for your computer. THat's why it gets it's signal from USB, that's a digital signal, then its converted to well analog, or from numbers to waves. You need an external DAC, which again is the same as an internal DAC or mwell soundcard, because msot computers' DACs...suck...or well they all do unless you have a custom. Then it's amplified by the D4 who also works as an amplifier. The hd 25s are also great for getting into producing and making your own edits and stuff to mix. They stay neutral, but not boring really. EDM sounds great in them because you hear the melody, which most often is different from song to song, so that's interesting, but the house beat is just boom boom boom boom. ANd even so things like breakbeat and dnb sound awesome as well. And really the best thing about the hd 25 is that its so practical. I used to lugg around huge headphones but these are just so sturdy, small and light you could probably drive over them while its raining and just replace the headband.

And yeah... the D4 is ossom

+ Start mixing some breaks if you know how to match properly. Really expands the horizon for what kind of tempo, beat and style you can have in a mix.

May 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #43 of 43
if you have not chosen yet... id grab a pair of the m50's. Ive been loving them for everything I listen to, from Hardstyle to Jazz. Easy to drive, cheap and built like a tank. if you get upgradeitis you can do a dual entry mogami 2534 cable upgrade like i did, also cheap and easy to do. I know these things have been beaten to death here lately but they really are nice. thats my two cents, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back