noob needs help with his first set of nice CANS !!
May 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #16 of 43
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
Ultrasone HiFi 580-780
Sony MDR-7506,7509

All are easy to drive from portable source and are folding.

Ultrasones have best bass of all IMHO. Deep ,tight,detailed,clear,punchy.

May 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #17 of 43
find some retailers that offer 30-day return then you can try all of the ones in your shortlist. I think headroom at HeadRoom: Stereo Headphones, Amps & DACs, Wireless, Noise Canceling, Ear Canal, Earbud, Audio Cables & Accessories do offer this scheme. DT770, M50 and HD 25-1 are all decent headphones for their prices. You just gotta try them out if you want the one you like most. Otherwise, any of these would do you justice
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #19 of 43
I guess for DJing you need folding headphones with rotating cans.
Isn't it's so?

May 2, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 43
Welcome to Head-Fi - sorry about your wallet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassinURface /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn.. this is going to be harder than I though :[

I wish there was a place to demo all these headphones ...

What a guy got to do around here to find some nice tight bass
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 43
Your so right about the wallet.. my post was originally for 1 pair of headphones now its 2 . lol

Its ok though and yes white bear they are for djing.

So heres the deal ill lay it flat out ...

1st headphone djing for electronic music [HD25] no amp

2nd headphone also mostly electronic music .. need nice bass very tight punchy .. ipod computer etc .. no amp [still havent decided] maybe DT770 ..they look so damn comfy or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Ultrasone DJ1 Pro or Shure 840..

BTW i heard the DT 770's with a small amp like a Fiio E5 can cause some serious damage what do you guys think :]
Yay or nay ;]
L3000.gif
Im a terrible impulse buyer ;[

May 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #22 of 43
I'll go with DT770 and a CMoy instead of E5, E5 would have difficulties driving 250ohm phones. Sorry about your wallet!
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #23 of 43
You'll be fine with just the hd 25s and a DAC/amp for your computer. Theyre great for everything. Tight punchy and all that good stuff, but not too much. Look into some more "fun" headphones after you actually think you're bored by the hd 25. 'Cause I dont think you will. Dont waste ur cash.

Dj Libfront

May 2, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #24 of 43
I would suggest the HD 25-1 II as well.

They block external noise very well and have a fairly strong bass. They are very nice, well built, tough, are easy to transport, and have one side that can be moved away from the ear for one ear listening.

May 2, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Sounds like a plan im going to pick up my HD-25's today :]

1 questions eventhough I decided ..
Any recommendations for a nice start amp/DAC for the HD-25 II.

tongue.gif

Depends if you want it portable or not. If you're using an ipod, you just gain some transparancy and clearness with the hd 25, atleast with those i have, but almost any DAC will help if you're going to listen through a PC. Don't worry too much about the audio which will be coming out of your mixer, won't be that great no matter how expnsive they are. Say a price range... but ofc, if you can compensate to just using your ipod, and just a charger from your laptop, you can asve some serious dough, which is better off for getting a bigger music collection, as youre djing this is very important, atleast when playing for other people.

What DJ gear u getting?

May 3, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #27 of 43
I have Serato .. with a cheapy cheapy mixer with 2 cdj-400's

Im going to upgrade my mixer to a DJM-800...

I think as far as djing goes the HD-25 ii's fold up and are "very true" which will be perfect for mixing... at least thats my idea for the cans plus maybe using it for my ipod.. these are $150ish.

I was thinking for my 2nd can .. I want it more colored and comfy it be just fun to listen with ..[electronic music so nice punchy bass] including my pc and ipod.

That was kinda my plan .. thats why i was thinking about the DT 770's as well cuz they look comfy and someone recommended a Fio E5 that would drive them.

If im mistaken with anything or have it wrong let me know :] thx you guys are awsome .. seirously lol

May 3, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #28 of 43
I found the DT770 80 ohm to have pretty sloppy bass and painfully bright highs. A tube amp improved the sound considerably but did not fix the problems. DT770-600 ohm will probably sound better, but then you'll need to buy a full-sized amp which will cost more than the headphones. SRH840 had the least flaws and among the best bass of 4 <200 closed headphones I heard. I haven't heard HD-25, which people really seem to like.

Take your time in your decision, you can spend a lot of money for mediocre sound if you aren't careful. Start small (e.g. $100 udac amp/dac + $130 SRH840) and let that serve as your reference.

May 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

I have Serato .. with a cheapy cheapy mixer with 2 cdj-400's

Im going to upgrade my mixer to a DJM-800...

I think as far as djing goes the HD-25 ii's fold up and are "very true" which will be perfect for mixing... at least thats my idea for the cans plus maybe using it for my ipod.. these are $150ish.

I was thinking for my 2nd can .. I want it more colored and comfy it be just fun to listen with ..[electronic music so nice punchy bass] including my pc and ipod.

That was kinda my plan .. thats why i was thinking about the DT 770's as well cuz they look comfy and someone recommended a Fio E5 that would drive them.

If im mistaken with anything or have it wrong let me know :] thx you guys are awsome .. seirously lol

COnsider buying a second headphone after you hear how "boring" the HD 25 is... And pioneer mixers are garbage for the price. Or well...almost garbage. And an E5 wont do ****...4 real

Users who are viewing this thread

Back