Noob looking for a new pair of headphones
Sep 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #16 of 19
In Canada? Hmm I can ask a Canadian Head Fi'er [TrollDragon] if he knows of any head phone shops near you. I mean your in CANADA there is bound to be something near you. 

New discovery in my own personal audiophile life, so I'm sitting in programming today... we all start doing our work and "clickety clackkaty, clack, click click clickl clack ect... ect..." Ok wow 30 dudes all typing at once on these crappy loud keyboards... should drown out what EVER noise my headphones might leak honestly, in addition I also wonder if I'd want some isolation from that noise, although I wear my Dt 880s at home [but I use a nice smooth Cherry MX brown keyboard so I don't have as much of that dmn noise] still I think I'm going to keep my K550, as my orignal issue with not having an amp PWOERFUL enough to poer the dt 880 portably has been addressed with the purchase of the PB1 [and nessicary connectors] that little thing shoves 1.4mw into 32 ohms, which means it has 50% More power than a JDS Labs O2 and the E12... so YEA BOI I should have plenty o power [the Pb2 is even MORE EPIC]

So that said, the sale of my C5 just now $150, paid for the Pb1 and all the cables I needed for it AND left me with $50 left over... which is pretty cool 

Thanks. All i know are like futureshop and best buy. I also checked audiovideo 2001 but they dont seem to carry any of the stuff recommended.

I have no idea what anything meant after keyboard part lol. Sounds like a good day tho :)

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Thanks. All i know are like futureshop and best buy. I also checked audiovideo 2001 but they dont seem to carry any of the stuff recommended.

I have no idea what anything meant after keyboard part lol. Sounds like a good day tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Good question there

The keyboards makes noise, open headphones let noise in and out of the headphone, closed headphones to not let [as much] noise in and do not let [hardly any] noise out

The question I have is... do I use an open headphone in a room filled with many small noises? The pros of using the Open would be better sound

The cons would be the potential for hearing those other little sounds and the potential for disrupting some one elese with the sound from the head phone [which I doubt will be an issue

with closed headphones I do not get as nice a sound, but I also do not have to worry about other noise in or out.

Potentially worst case scenario with open headphones at class is: to noisy my Professor deems it a disctration to others and I have to get rid of them and or the noise of keyboards is so loud it ruins what ever sonic benifits the open cans would have 

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 19
Good question there

The keyboards makes noise, open headphones let noise in and out of the headphone, closed headphones to not let [as much] noise in and do not let [hardly any] noise out

The question I have is... do I use an open headphone in a room filled with many small noises? The pros of using the Open would be better sound

The cons would be the potential for hearing those other little sounds and the potential for disrupting some one elese with the sound from the head phone [which I doubt will be an issue

with closed headphones I do not get as nice a sound, but I also do not have to worry about other noise in or out.

Potentially worst case scenario with open headphones at class is: to noisy my Professor deems it a disctration to others and I have to get rid of them and or the noise of keyboards is so loud it ruins what ever sonic benifits the open cans would have 

Thanks for letting me know. I think getting closed would be a better idea as the study rooms i go to are so quiet i have to turn my textbook pages with care

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #19 of 19
Thanks for letting me know. I think getting closed would be a better idea as the study rooms i go to are so quiet i have to turn my textbook pages with care

That sounds like a pain xD, I actually opt'ed to keep my closed cans for the noise reason my self 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back