1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Non-Leaking Alternative to Grado SR60i

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by luisynayan, Apr 25, 2013.
  1. luisynayan
    Hi everyone! I recently bought a pair of Grado SR60i's and absolutely LOVE them!

The part I love the most about them is the soundstage, absolutely phenomenal! Currently, I got the 60's hooked up to my iPod Classic via L9 Cable to a FiiO E11 and the sound is just amazing.

Unfortunately, I use them mainly in the office, which as you can imagine, causes a bit of a problem since they leak so much.

Hence, I start my search for an alternative set of cans. I know that a big part of the sound I get from the SR60's is due to the open air design... But, are there any cans out there that can even come close the SR60 sound without the leakage?

Any help would be awesome! TIA [​IMG]

2. jackwess
    Hello and welcome! 

Do you have a price limit? 

3. luisynayan
    Hi jack and thanks for the reply! I was hoping to find something in the "Under $500" category...

4. jackwess
    Sennheiser HD-25 I II.
    Fast sounding, really nice bass kick, but soundstage is not as good as Grado (you can't have everything)

On a few words, a smooth sounding alternative.

Another that come to mind are the Momentum. 

5. luisynayan
    Yeah, the HD25-1 II seems to be my top choice right now. I keep coming across mentions of the Amperiors though.
    Any comments on those?