Nominate your favorite turntable (aesthetics)
Jun 28, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #17 of 82
p9_2002.jpg

Rega Planar 9 is pretty neat and clean. I don't think I'd ever want to own anything too funky looking, even though the funky ones are neat to look at. I can see myself owning a Planar 9 at some point in the future.

Jun 28, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 82
I remember when the Luce first came out...

Im sorry, I think it is one of the ugliest turntables out there.

Jun 28, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #19 of 82
1027109221.jpg

I want to listen to it with a supermini and some KSC-35's!

As far as esoteric tables go, nothing beats the perfection of the design and engineering of simon yorke:

yorke_s7.jpg

Jun 28, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #20 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
1027109221.jpg

[/IMG]

That's ugly, but cool.

3 tonearms?
confused.gif

Jun 28, 2003 at 2:42 AM Post #21 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
That's ugly, but cool.

3 tonearms?
confused.gif

You can use multiple tonearm/cartridge combinations. You might have one that's for mono recordings, another that's your favorite for jazz, another that you use for rock. You might have one tonearm mounted with a cartridge that tracks especially well on problem records, etc. Pretty hardcore stuff. I wanna play that game!

Jun 28, 2003 at 5:08 AM Post #25 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
probably not the most beautiful ever, but I really liked Dreski's VPI Scout. simple, yet stunning. sorry if it is too boring for some

No, that's not boring at all - I agree, that's a very good looking table. I guess, it would look very nice together with some Nagra or Chord stuff...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jun 28, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #28 of 82
Its an amazing sounding turntable too
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2003 at 4:45 AM Post #30 of 82
KR: The last one on your pics looks like a Goldmund Reference to me. Heard one over here years ago - and the salesguy told me, it doesn't really want to work in moist weather conditions, btw...
wink.gif

Oh, and I forgot: I find some of the Clearaudios fairly elegant, too - this one, for example: http://www.clearaudio.de/res1/produk...n/emotion.html

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back