NOISE RoCK THrEAD
Mar 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #31 of 70
Have you heard the new Boris/Merzbow split? Klatter? It's awesome. Noise rock kills amibient for me. I don't listen to "noise" at all. Ed Hall is possibly my favorite band of all time now.

The new Earth is beastly while we're on ambiant.

Mar 30, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #32 of 70

Quote:
Have you heard the new Boris/Merzbow split? Klatter? It's awesome. Noise rock kills amibient for me. I don't listen to "noise" at all. Ed Hall is possibly my favorite band of all time now.

The new Earth is beastly while we're on ambiant.

No I haven't.  Just Sun Baked Snow Cave.  Is Klatter as droney?  At any rate, I'll probably eventually gather all the Boris/Merzbow splits.

Will have to check out Earth and Ed Hall.

Mar 31, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #33 of 70

Mar 31, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #34 of 70
Quote:
Will have to check out Earth and Ed Hall.

The album Earth 2 taught Sunn O))) everything they know. Start there.

If you're into this droney end of noise, also look for Halo by Azonic. Mostly highly distorted sustained power chords plus random noises and film dialog. Solo guitar, no other instruments. It's a one-off by Andy Hawkins, who at the time played guitar in Blind Idiot God.

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #35 of 70
I would say start with Pentastar Earth, but in all honesty you probably should just get all of their albums. Each sounds different and in a lot of the cases, drastically.

Please do check out Ed Hall. They are the most under appreciated band I know.

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #37 of 70
hedre?

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #39 of 70
ahh, what did they have? Every album of theirs has pluses and minuses. All are worthy of getting.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #40 of 70
Most of the discography afaik, but I'm in seattle, so hometown heroes, y'know? I got the first and the newest. Got a boredoms album, melt banana, and e.a.r. album while I was at it.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #41 of 70
The newest is awesome. What is the name of their first again?

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #42 of 70
Earth 2

Guys I wanna recommend Masami Akita's (aka Merzbow) "The Prosperity of Vice, the Misfortune of Virtue".  Everything of his I've heard is his harsh noise music, so this one is a neat departure.  It still has some static and harsh noise, but also some tracks using samples of instruments, voices, drums, lightning, and barnyard animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back