Noise isolation headphones
Jul 22, 2008 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheChuckster

New Head-Fier
I got stuck in the loudest dorm on campus for college next year so I'm looking for some good noise isolation headphones. Something with lots of isolation would be nice. I'm not sure which kind I want to get (in ear, closed, etc.) so I would like some help deciding. What are some good pairs of headphones for peace and quiet? Should I get noise canceling too? Also, does noise canceling work without music? Which pairs cancel out the most noise? I might be sleeping with them on too so keep that in mind. Sleep apnea and 3 AM shouts down the hall don't mix.
smily_headphones1.gif
Something under $200 please unless it's THAT good.

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 3
Get the Etymotic ER6i for maximum noise isolation (-34dB), better than any noise canceling you will find out there. For sleeping, a cheap earplug from the local pharmacy is more than enough.

Jul 22, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 3
For sleeping regular earplugs are the best choice. Especially if you get a noise cancelling can, it would not be comfortable for sleeping. You can either get the cheap, disposable foam ones or they also have rubber/silicone ones that are washable and last longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back