Noise isolating IEMs for $100+/-25 in Shanghai, China
Jul 20, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #16 of 21
I emailed Fang sometime last week and he said that if I paypal'd him the money for the RE0, he'll just ship the earphones over free of charge. However, I'm not too big a fan of a blind purchase (I like to hear it before I buy it) so I didn't go for that. My parents would probably freak out anyway if they noticed I withdrew more money from my US bank account.

Instead, I decided to go to Anrun in Pudong for the 3rd time in a little more than a week and ended up auditioning the Westone UM1 and the Audio Technica CK9 (was trying to buy the Audio Technica ATH-CKM70). The CK9 was as described here on Head-Fi: lacking bass and really I found them so lame I didn't even want to listen any more after about 15 seconds. Regarding the UM1: While the music isn't as bright and clean as my HD595 and the bass is about level with my HD595, I would say that I loved the comfort and the noise isolation. The eartips don't try to bulge against my ear canal and it makes an amazing seal so I bought the suckers. After I ate some Subway near the Oriental Pearl, I rode the subway back and listened to them on the way back and found the isolation better than I could imagine. I got weird looks when I'm wore them since they go over my ears but I now hear pretty much nothing but the music and needless to say I'm very pleased. And now my wallet is empty, again. Thanks to all that helped.

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #17 of 21
Philips SHE9850 are easy to find and it's isolate well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back