Noise Harvester behaving erratically at Christmas
Dec 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 13
or the Lampoon family
tongue.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 13
Do you have a spare harvester to plug into the neighbors outlet so that the lights blink properly with cleaner power? Redder reds, greener greens, proper flicker. They may bring you some egg nog and cookies.

If not then try unplugging your neighbors lights. They may bring you some coal but tell them its only for a few more days.

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 13
Patrick always has audio problems the rest of us have never heard of, or can hardly conceive of. It must be a function of having gear no one else has. Maybe his PS Audio Noise Harvesters [yup, never heard of 'em] are not up to the rigors [ZAP! Ow!] of 220 volt power systems.

Dec 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick always has audio problems the rest of us have never heard of, or can hardly conceive of. It must be a function of having gear no one else has. Maybe his PS Audio Noise Harvesters [yup, never heard of 'em] are not up to the rigors [ZAP! Ow!] of 220 volt power systems.

With Noise Harvesters I get thicker sound with more low-level details. I have also found that the power cable for the Harvesters affects the sound. I assume this is because the Harvesters draw AC noise into them and some of the noise radiates out from the unshielded power cable and infects the audio system. It's like having a sewer with holes in the pipe, covering the holes in the dirtiest pipe is the most important, otherwise it gets messy.

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 13
I suppose you've tried ERS paper?

BTW, I use AudioPrism Quiet Lines, and feel no need for anything more expensive. No power cords either, they plug into an AC outlet.

OK, I just took a look at the product description, and saw that the Noise Harvesters plug directly into an AC outlet, so what's with the power cord problem? Further, I read that the device converts AC noise into light, so if they are blinking as you say, it only means they are doing their job, if in fact they are not snake oil in the first place. My Quiet Lines were cheaper.

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #10 of 13
Have you tried making the noise harvester into a medallion to wear around your neck? I'm thinking an unshielded extension cord plugged into itself to pick up interference and a harvester to harvest that interference? Pics would be appropriate.

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 13
Does anyone else feel that Noise Harvester sounds like something out of Starcraft?

Dec 26, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

I suppose you've tried ERS paper?

I have tried ERS Paper for the Noise Harvesters and surprisingly got a differenece in sound. But it sounded worse so I removed the ERS Paper. I think the Harvesters pick up noise from the air as well.

Quote:

OK, I just took a look at the product description, and saw that the Noise Harvesters plug directly into an AC outlet, so what's with the power cord problem?

I use 4 of them and need to use an extension strip for them.

Quote:

Further, I read that the device converts AC noise into light, so if they are blinking as you say, it only means they are doing their job,

Yes they are doing their job and they are behaving strange at Christmas. Often there comes a spike and the Harvesters make a loud noise. Is this from the neighbor turning on the Christmas lights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back