noise cancelling headphones for air travel.
Jun 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

herfalerf

New Head-Fier
my dad has recently been on a bit of a headphone shopping spree.  he lost his nuforce me7ns and replaced them with some sort of bose earbud (because the guy at the store told him bose was best, derp.)  he decided he didnt like the bose so he bought some Zagg earbuds.  he likes those better, but he is still not satisfied and wants to make the plunge into full over the ear phones.  he asked me to do the research for him and find out what he needs, but i really dont have the time to do in depth research right now. 

here is what he needs:

*must be over ear
*active noise cancellation is highly preferred, these are for use on airplanes.
*should be comfortable to wear for an entire 3-7hr plane ride
*source will be his netbook (acer EEpc), and his iphone 3gs
*budget is $200, could be persuaded to go over if its really worth it.
*he does have a portable headphone amp http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E5-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B001P9EQH8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307548852&sr=8-1

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 4
I use sennheiser pxc350's for traveling and they have been great! Outstanding battery life as well and can be used when the batteries die unlike other sets. They can get a little hot but I have used them countless times on overseas trips / watching 3-4 movies straight and had no major complaints. Used / mint they go for around $150-$175. Not sure what they go for new. You could also check out the more fancy pxc-450 which has a push to talk button so you do not have to take the set off every time your annoying seatmate starts to blab about his kids, dog or whatever.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 4
I am using Sennheiser PXC450, bit more than you budgeted but it's an excellent cans during the long flight.

just wanted to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back