the Jackal

100+ Head-Fier
Oct 29, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by the Jackal
pretty effin' good

http://aolradio.podcast.aol.com/aolm..._Gallagher.mp3

and for the music noobs out there, its the lead singer for Oasis :p

you don't know how much i love oasis. . .

where can i download this?

i must have it downloaded. . .

*edit* when was this? and do you know a good site for oasis acoustic bootlegs?
dkasngaslkdgn NOEL

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 15
I wish I knew myself.
I havent listened to the interview afterwards, but I'm willing to bet there is some useful info to find a copy.

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance
you don't know how much i love oasis. . .

i must have it downloaded. . .

*edit* when was this? and do you know a good site for oasis acoustic bootlegs?
dkasngaslkdgn NOEL

Oasis fans & head-fi fans too!! Cool.

I'm a mega Oasis fan (even went so far as to buy the import single of Don't Go Away from Japan as it had 1 song on the CD that I didn't already have elsewhere - Sad Song... not bad £16 for 1 track) and so I own everything that they've ever released in the UK.

Just about to start listening to this but I would love to be able to get hold of some more of their acoustic stuff as it sounds great. I'm really annoyed that they never released the MTV acoustic set that they did as that sounds pretty good.

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance

Erm... I right clicked on the link and selected download from within Firefox and it downloaded the MP3 file to my desktop (which is where I'm now listening to it) .... If I click on the link it attempts to get VLC player to run it in a new tab but that'd take forever as a 47.5Mb file would take a while to stream to it like that.

If this is a copyrighted piece of music and shouldn't be so easily downloaded can someone tell me as I don't want to have illegal music on my PC. Also sorry to any mods if I'm breaking any forum rules by giving advice on how this file might be downloaded.. if I am then please delete this post.

EDIT:
Actually I've just searched and it's a podcast that's easily downloadable from the AOL music and there's a link straight to download the file here so I guess it's not too bad.

http://music.aol.com/artists/the-int...noel-gallagher

Oct 30, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory
If this is a copyrighted piece of music and shouldn't be so easily downloaded can someone tell me as I don't want to have illegal music on my PC.

This got me thinking, why would it matter if you had illegal music on your computer?
You obviously are supporting the artist by purchasing all the albums and whatnot. What would be so wrong with having a acoustic podcast that probably cost them absolutly no money?

Not meant to be offensive, just curious.

Prost,
Alex

Oct 30, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #8 of 15
so awesome!

i have many oasis singles, and i've tracked them all down at brick and morter stores.

i'm probably just going to buy the rest online

what is your fav oasis album?

SOTSOG here, and i know i'm the minority
280smile.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 15
Definetely Maybe was their best album in my eyes. They didnt exactly go breaking boundaries after that album. Im not their biggest fan but their early b-sides are quite good. I have seen them live over 20 times, some good and some not so good.

Oct 30, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #10 of 15
Wow, you guys are true fans. I only have one album, Definitely Maybe. One of my first cd's ever, and still one of my favorites.

Oct 30, 2006 at 9:42 AM Post #11 of 15
I think Definitely Maybe is probably my favourite of all their albums (I adore the song Slide Away) but I find it hard to pick a absolute favourite as I also love all the rest of them for specific reasons (and yes I do like Be Here Now even though a lot of people seem to think it's their weakest album)

I think a bit of a cheat would be to say that Masterplan is one of my favourites as those early b-sides were amazing tracks (so are some of their newer ones but the earlier ones were really great - Listen Up, Acquiesce, Masterplan etc)

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:39 AM Post #12 of 15
I don't like them as much as I used to, but I still listen fairly often. I actually went to see them in Toronto in March, and they were not bad. The venue had the volume cranked to painful levels, though. It's the first time I've ever got ringing in my ears like that. I recorded a bunch of videos on my phone, and the sound was so loud it is just distorted crackling in them. I'm not going back without ER-20s...

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 15
I love Oasis. They gave me my first tinnitus from a concert
biggrin.gif
(wasn't really fun but it's gone and now I can laugh about it).
Noel acoustic is just amaizing - the MTV-Unplugged show just with Noel is one of my favorite concerts from Oasis - I just love it.

P.S.: My fav album by far is "Be here now".

Nov 13, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #14 of 15
i'm going to listen to this right now!

and btw, nice place for free acoustic downloads of the Decemberists and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and others too - and pics of them wearing Headphones! lookit the one with Cat Power, lol!

http://music.aol.com/artists/the-interface/archive

Nov 13, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by the Jackal
and for the music noobs out there, its the lead singer for Oasis :p

Just a slight correction. His less talented brother Liam is technically the lead singer. Noel plays guitar, writes most of their stuff, and sings lead on some songs.

Addition: Man, "Whatever" is a great song!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back