NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables
Sep 18, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #123 of 207
.....hope it is worth the wait

if you ask me, the frustration killed it. the cable was a few notches of an improvement from my current ones (cadence and lune). yes, built quality is there, flexibility is a lot better than the cables that i have - over all, it's ok for me

but please - for those people who did buy and their expectations were correctly set - i believe this cable is going to be TOTALLY worth it for you! specially for first time buyers of aftermarket cables - you can't beat the price considering the improvement that it does versus to stock cables.

to future buyers, we hope that this was just one hurdle that Treoo and Nocturnal underwent and that they address things that's needed to be addressed so that they would have more business. it's a bang for the buck cable - all they need is improved customer experience.

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #127 of 207
I ordered a whiplash cable from treoo so they will finally refund my money on the nocaudio cables.  It's a shame.  I really wanted to try them out, but I cannot deal with terrible customer service.  If he came through by the 2 week deadline that he said he set or even got back to me letting me know that  there was another delay, I was ready to order a 2nd cable.  And if zack is going through some personal issues that is preventing him from working he should have just said to everyone that he needs some extra time and to offer them a refund if waiting is unacceptable.  Instead, I got a couple replies out of dozen of inquiries and gave up on him without knowing that he was going through personal problems and requested a refund from treoo before learning about it.

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #128 of 207
I can understand that people have personal issues that prevent them from working. I can however not understand why you would want to try to cover it up with impractical lies. Why not just be sincere about your problems? But hey, there's a lot of pride in the world... Anyway I'd rather have a sincere reply and maybe have the option of getting a refund or keep waiting in line for the product even though the line has become significantly longer. Still waiting for a reply. I sent my cable in for a repair about 3 months ago. Still not a word about it. Was considering buying additional cables but now I don't feel like dealing with Nocturnal anymore.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #129 of 207
I emailed TREOO recently - I'd ordered a pair of cables back in Feburary and until now I haven't gotten the chance to use them (the cables were plagued by connection issues). I've sent them back for repair once and this is the second time I've sent them back - and I haven't received them. It actually isn't TREOO's fault for the slow fulfilment of orders - they told me that they were constantly given falsified ETA's from the technician, and that he'a now currently out of materials and waiting for a restock :X

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #130 of 207
I emailed TREOO recently - I'd ordered a pair of cables back in Feburary and until now I haven't gotten the chance to use them (the cables were plagued by connection issues). I've sent them back for repair once and this is the second time I've sent them back - and I haven't received them. It actually isn't TREOO's fault for the slow fulfilment of orders - they told me that they were constantly given falsified ETA's from the technician, and that he'a now currently out of materials and waiting for a restock :X

Edit: Yeah TREOO also mentioned that even they had trouble getting replies from the tech.

(Sorry for the double post; clicked on quote instead of edit. My bad)

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #131 of 207
ordered my cable last July 8 when the lead time advertised was 4-6 weeks, Till now I still haven't received them. Ive had a few follow up emails both with Treoo and Nocaudio, the first ones got a reply, with the usual apologies and giving a new lead time of 10 weeks. However it is now on the 12th week, sent another follow up with treoo 5 days ago and no reply yet. Nocaudio have not replied for 2 weeks now.

This is probably the most frustrating online purchase i have ever experienced. I can understand personal issues, but business is business and they should have been prepared for this, if not have some contingency in place. when they realised they have out of raw material, they should have immediately updated all pending customers with the impending long wait, apologised and offered the option for a refund if waiting is not possible. The way they handled this mess is disappointing. I do hope they learned from this but till now they still keep on giving out bad customer service.

Of course ill wait for my cable, i prob wont think about it anymore, but next time, ill just get straight from Effect Audio or Whiplash. Never from Treoo nor Nocaudio again.

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #133 of 207
checked with treoo again yesterday. cable has now been delayed for a full 3 months. all i got was that they dont know whats the status and still waiting for reply from their engineer. :mad:

patience is thinning out now. im thinking about demanding a refund. but for sure ill never buy from treoo nor nocaudio again. such poor service.

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #134 of 207
checked with treoo again yesterday. cable has now been delayed for a full 3 months. all i got was that they dont know whats the status and still waiting for reply from their engineer.
mad.gif

patience is thinning out now. im thinking about demanding a refund. but for sure ill never buy from treoo nor nocaudio again. such poor service.

3 months? If you ask for a refund they will avoid the request, but if you ask for credit and buy something else, they will do that for you as I did.  I ordered a whiplash cable and had to throw in a few extra bucks to make up the difference, but at least I know whiplash is a top cable maker and the wait time should be regular like 4 weeks or so.

I pray that I will have no issues with the whiplash cable because I really really do not want to deal with treoo ever again.  In hindsight, I should never have bought something from a company halfway around the world, but there were several good reviews about nocaudio cables and the pricing was much cheaper than every other cable maker out there.  

I am wondering if treoo is the parent company of nocaudio or something like that.  Someone mentioned that it was.  If that is the case, then zack needs to be fired.  We all go through traumatic experiences in our personal lives but in most cases, work is a welcome distraction.  Business is business.  If he cannot do the job  then I'm sorry you have to go off and deal with whatever it is and then come back, but in the meantime someone else has to take over.  

Treoo is not at fault, but their customer service leaves something to be desired too.  I do not know how big this company is (sounds like a 2 to 4 man operation), but they have to put the customer first.  In this small world of headphone audio, word travels quickly.   We the customers have many other choices on who to buy from and earning a bad reputation can really hurt you.  I warned treoo that I would let everyone on headfi know that I am not pleased that they were unwilling to give me a refund when I requested one.  They kept saying that the deadline was pushed back a week and that they would get it to me as soon as they received it.  I kept browsing their site looking for a cable replacement and saw that they had a sale on whiplash cables so I decided to ask if it was ok for credit if I bought another cable and  they said they would.   If any of you are tired of waiting that might be your only option as treoo seems to want to hold on to your money.  You probably will have to add more money as the reason why we bought nocaudio cables was so cheap,  but I would rather put more money into a cable built by a reputable company and get it quickly and never have to deal with both companies ever again than to wait for zack to get over whatever he is dealing with and make your cable.  And someone already had issues with a recently made nocaudio cable.  I'm sure that quality has suffered if he's going through personal problems and not putting his best effort  into it.  I might sound cold, but I have dealt with a lot of tragedies in my life and it only made me stronger and work was always a welcome distraction.  

I hope that all of you out there with outstanding orders get their cables soon and that they work great or that you can get a refund or credit towards something else.  Treoo is responsible in the end.  They took your money and if they have a problem with a vendor then they have to offer you a solution that works for you.  Both companies are not very professional at all.

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #135 of 207
Losing hope of getting my cable in Oct after reading all the comments. 6 Aug ordered. Now is already 2 months. Not even an estimate of when the cable will be ready. Allowance and understanding given to whoever is making the cable. Very bad experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back