NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Jun 26, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #16 of 928
to be honest I am hearing things in the bass, mid-bass, and throughout the entire spectrum that I have never heard before, even with my LCDs. these things are impressing the h out of me 
ksc75smile.gif

the biggest advantage of these over the ER4s however is just being able to have them in my ears for hours on end without any comfort issues.

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #17 of 928
You're welcome guys! 
beerchug.gif
 Glad to be of service. I'll let you know as soon as the review unit arrives.
@Brooko no worries mate. we'll set it up to arrive on the 24th.

Quote:
  I am impressed for the price-
Huge soundstage vocals are one of the best i have heard- Bass is very good not killer thats why i have the Merlins being made as my first CIEM
I think these 2 will compliment each other very well

IEM is super comfortable non-fatiging at all can listen for hours
I am using the red medium tips with best success- Would like it to go a little deeper- i will need to experiment with other tips im thinking the sqishy type as they seem to go deeper in the canal-

Isolation is not as good as a CIEM

Woot! Just got mine and they are going through burn-in at the moment but from what I have heard they blow my ER4s away.  Also much more comfortable so far but I too have yet to figure out which tips are best.  I don't even know which size is best let alone color.  The small blue and red can actually go into my ear canal somewhat similar to the ER4s but no where near as deep while the larger tips fill more of the outer ear.  I assume the deeper in they go gives better bass?  They have plenty of bass for me no matter what coming from the ER4s so that isn't really the big issue for me with the Savants.  To me they sound great all around just need to find my fit.

Someone mentioned some JVC Spiral Dots being good but at that price I think I need to know which size is right for me before dropping $60 on mistakes.

Oh and my ER4s are for sale if anyone is interested :wink:

Meelec M9 bi-flanges have been my go to tips with Noble IEMs. They allow deep insertion without getting too uncomfortable and yes, the bass is projected better the deeper you go. Comply foam tips are still the way to go for the best comfort in my experience although it does affect the overall clarity a bit. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #18 of 928
  to be honest I am hearing things in the bass, mid-bass, and throughout the entire spectrum that I have never heard before, even with my LCDs. these things are impressing the h out of me 
ksc75smile.gif

the biggest advantage of these over the ER4s however is just being able to have them in my ears for hours on end without any comfort issues.

Good to know you're enjoying the Savant. How does it compare to the ER4s sound wise? I'm guessing the Savant will be more musical?

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #19 of 928

Good to know you're enjoying the Savant. How does it compare to the ER4s sound wise? I'm guessing the Savant will be more musical?

much more musical... really much better in my opinion all around.  i am even considering just using these all day at my desk instead of my LCDs because the sound is so immersive yet the weight is non-existent.  my neck would thank me for that.  i only wish i bought them a week later and got the 15% off rather than the BTS which I have no need for considering I use them with my DX90 on the go.

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #20 of 928
I'd like to welcome @boneofimba to the tour. It'll be interesting to know if the Savant complements your K10 for day-to-day listening.

Quote:

much more musical... really much better in my opinion all around.  i am even considering just using these all day at my desk instead of my LCDs because the sound is so immersive yet the weight is non-existent.  my neck would thank me for that.  i only wish i bought them a week later and got the 15% off rather than the BTS which I have no need for considering I use them with my DX90 on the go.

That's good to know, it's not an easy feat for an IEM to compete with full-sized open headphones. As for the BTS, you might find use for it in the future... personally I find wireless listening a necessity for outdoor activities.

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #21 of 928
  That's good to know, it's not an easy feat for an IEM to compete with full-sized open headphones. As for the BTS, you might find use for it in the future... personally I find wireless listening a necessity for outdoor activities.

but the DX90 with it sounds so dmn good it would be hard to go wireless with a chinsy little amp and in that thing.

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #23 of 928
If anyone knows how to enable aptX on the latest OSX for use with the BTS please please... i tried following all google links and even 'force aptX' using Bluetooth Explorer and it still pairs and plays using the SBC codec.  Anyone else have this issue?

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #24 of 928
  If anyone knows how to enable aptX on the latest OSX for use with the BTS please please... i tried following all google links and even 'force aptX' using Bluetooth Explorer and it still pairs and plays using the SBC codec.  Anyone else have this issue?

I wonder if it is a bug in OS X. I am looking through various discussion threads on various forums and there seems no consistent way to keep apt-X as default even when both source and receiving devices support it.

I own a Noble BTS myself so yeah kinda crummy if OS X support is screwed up.

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #25 of 928

I wonder if it is a bug in OS X. I am looking through various discussion threads on various forums and there seems no consistent way to keep apt-X as default even when both source and receiving devices support it.

I own a Noble BTS myself so yeah kinda crummy if OS X support is screwed up.

From my understanding, Apple products dont have aptx transmitters. Mac OS X support aptx tho.. Just not sure if imac and macbook have transmitters built-in.

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #26 of 928

I've read that other Bluetooth devices connected to your mac triggers bandwidth efficiency protocols thus disabling aptx. Try disconnecting other Bluetooth devices such as your mouse then connect the BTS first.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3891328?start=0&tstart=0

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #27 of 928
I've read that other Bluetooth devices connected to your mac triggers bandwidth efficiency protocols thus disabling aptx. Try disconnecting other Bluetooth devices such as your mouse then connect the BTS first.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3891328?start=0&tstart=0

sounds reasonable but i don't think that is a solution for me as I use both bluetooth magic mouse and keyboard. whatever happened to 'just works'?

so i guess I have my BTS up for sale if anyone is interested, pretty much unused of course :wink: i'll pay the shipping if anyone is willing to pay $90 for the unit.  really a shame i didn't wait another week to just get the 15% off the Savants.

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #28 of 928
New to Noble but I'm interested in these. What is the quality of the included cable? Is it designed to wrap around the ear or can it hang straight down?

Thanks for any replies ...

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #30 of 928
Thanks. It seems the 1k plus iems all wrap around your ear. I wear glasses, so i'm not a fan of that design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back