Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes
Sep 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #376 of 400

I tried both the JH-13 and the Roxannes. The Roxanne was to dull, so I had the same impression like your "dark" impression. The JH-13 on the other hand lacked some deepness, or fullness.
With the K10 you get the same clarity as the JH-13 but a fuller sound, still clear. I found what I was looking for, too bad you can't demo.

Not saying that you'd like it as much as the wonderful K10 but just changing to a Noble cable fills out the 13 if that's the preferred sig. Once I started messing with cables, I realized that for me, the 13 was close enough to right and maybe as close as anything, preference not withstanding.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #379 of 400
Bechti's experiences with the Roxannes and JH-13s mirror mine. I admit to being a bit of a Doubting Thomas when it comes to cables. I don't mind if they enhance the sound, but I like my earphones to sound the way I want out of the box. And I feel like top of the line customs are expensive enough as it is without having to invest in enhancements.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #380 of 400
Good thing most of us like them as is. It's not about enhancement. it's about complementary sig to what is desired. The point was only that sig changes are available and when items are of that level, it's often associations of source, cables etc that bring them to where you you would like them to be. I'm using a stock cable lately as well but I have one I like better. No biggie.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #381 of 400
I've been searching for a frequency response comparison between the K-10's and the Roxanne's. Found Roxanne's but nothing for the K-10's.

Could someone point me please?

Thx!

Miguel

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #384 of 400
Some have said that the Roxannes are too dull, others have said that the JH13's aren't full enough... What about the JH16's. I think they're a good compromise between the two.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #385 of 400
  Some have said that the Roxannes are too dull, others have said that the JH13's aren't full enough... What about the JH16's. I think they're a good compromise between the two.

JH13 FP sounds very neutral with enough fullness to my ears, depending on what source you pair with (I personally wouldn't want it to be any fuller). But yeah JH16 is definitely a slightly fuller sounding CIEM than JH13 due to its increase in the bass, but overall not by much.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #387 of 400
It would be great if more people that have heard/owned both the K10 and Roxanne could give their opinions of the differences between the two.

I have the Roxanne and am considering the K10, but first want to make sure the K10 doesn't have the same characteristics I dislike in the Roxanne. Specifically, I think the Roxanne sounds too mid-focused. The bass doesn't have the punch of, say, the JH13 Pro, and lacks sub-bass. The Roxanne's bass is all about mid-bass. I like strong sub-bass, right down at the lower registers of my hearing.

Given that I prefer a more balanced, rather than mid-centric, sound, and like to hear sub-bass as much as mid-bass, should I steer clear of the K10?

Incidentally, I think the Roxanne does some things very well. The treble is wonderful (if a little hidden behind the mids) and the sound is enormous. Its mids are excellent too, if a little prominent and dark for my liking.

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #388 of 400
  It would be great if more people that have heard/owned both the K10 and Roxanne could give their opinions of the differences between the two.

I have the Roxanne and am considering the K10, but first want to make sure the K10 doesn't have the same characteristics I dislike in the Roxanne. Specifically, I think the Roxanne sounds too mid-focused. The bass doesn't have the punch of, say, the JH13 Pro, and lacks sub-bass. The Roxanne's bass is all about mid-bass. I like strong sub-bass, right down at the lower registers of my hearing.

Given that I prefer a more balanced, rather than mid-centric, sound, and like to hear sub-bass as much as mid-bass, should I steer clear of the K10?

Incidentally, I think the Roxanne does some things very well. The treble is wonderful (if a little hidden behind the mids) and the sound is enormous. Its mids are excellent too, if a little prominent and dark for my liking.

k10 sure has strong bass and much bass extension, it is one of its features. It also has a near vocals in the mids. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #389 of 400
The 13 has more low bass relative to other ranges than either. K10 has more midbass and mid warmth than jh13 but not as much as Roxanne. The Roxanne wasn't for me either but I really didn't see the need to get the K10 either. I also have JH13fp. If you want something new, I'd bring my source to a canjam and try some things like the K10, new Sirens and some others.

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #390 of 400
Thanks for your responses - they're really useful.

I'm demoing the K10 tomorrow, but will probably wait a couple of months until more reviews are available. I'm interested in the K10 and 1964 Ears' new flagships.

I think what I'm basically after is a thicker-sounding JH13 Pro with smoother treble.

I'm still keen to hear others' views - keep them coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back