Noble 4 Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #61 of 182
Hi guys, thought I'd throw my own impressions into the thread.
In case anyone's interested the Noble 4 will be featured as a written review on audio360.org in the near future
Many thanks to Brennan for making this review possible. I look forward to maybe reviewing more of Nobles product line in the near future.

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #62 of 182

In commemoration of ye old Wizard’s 42nd nameday this July first, Noble is hosting a 24-hour sale beginning Monday, June 30th, at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST).
 ​
All IEMs and CIEMs will be 20% off. Once it’s done, it’s done.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #65 of 182
So I've had the Noble 4's in my sights since the Wizzards departure from Heir. Something about the brand, the design and the people has just appealed to me with it's particular quality.

I'm pretty much ready to take the plunge since my B2's just died though I'm now trying to figure out if my music tastes will work with this headphone. I notice there aren't a huge amount of metal-heads on this forum so it's hard to know if the N4's will be the right choice.

If anyone has an opinion or some experience on the matter, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #66 of 182
  So I've had the Noble 4's in my sights since the Wizzards departure from Heir. Something about the brand, the design and the people has just appealed to me with it's particular quality.

I'm pretty much ready to take the plunge since my B2's just died though I'm now trying to figure out if my music tastes will work with this headphone. I notice there aren't a huge amount of metal-heads on this forum so it's hard to know if the N4's will be the right choice.

If anyone has an opinion or some experience on the matter, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

Well, as you're coming from B2 what are your expectations? And I actually listen to a lot of metal though not a big fan of the death and black metal stuff - too much pain and suffering for my taste and ears. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #67 of 182
  Well, as you're coming from B2 what are your expectations? And I actually listen to a lot of metal though not a big fan of the death and black metal stuff - too much pain and suffering for my taste and ears. 

My expectations are mostly for clarity. I want to hear as much as possible. Most of my collection is melodic or symphonic so lots of instruments in a largely classical style of arrangement. 

I tend to steer clear or the black stuff - far too depressing and musically not to my tastes :p

I've heard people talking about some phones and sources being really bad for music that hasn't had the best mastering. Metal isn't known for attracting huge budgets so I'm guessing a lot of the music I listen to would be in that category. Are the Noble 4's going to assault my senses because of this?

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #68 of 182
My expectations are mostly for clarity. I want to hear as much as possible. Most of my collection is melodic or symphonic so lots of instruments in a largely classical style of arrangement. 

The N4 is great for that demand

I've heard people talking about some phones and sources being really bad for music that hasn't had the best mastering. Metal isn't known for attracting huge budgets so I'm guessing a lot of the music I listen to would be in that category. Are the Noble 4's going to assault my senses because of this?

Probably, but that is like faulting a sports car for haveing a telegraphic suspension.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #69 of 182

I tend to steer clear or the black stuff - far too depressing and musically not to my tastes :p

Well, you'll get the clarity. Yeah, a lot of people prefer darker and thicker sounding iems to offset the bad mastering that usually goes along with most metal recordings (which has nothing to do with their budget as even famous bands with big budgets still want to win Loudness wars) but if you're coming from B2 you won't get much more assaulted as it is also quite revealing and nor exactly forgiving. I personally consider the N4 a great upgrade to the B2 signature-wise. It has better dynamic range, tighter and harder hitting bass, better separation and layering and overall is more open and airy sounding with a bit more treble energy. Also, the N4 is even easier to drive and has lower distortion.
Now, crappy recordings will sound crappy with it but not really that crappier than with the B2.

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #70 of 182

The N4 is great for that demand

Probably, but that is like faulting a sports car for haveing a telegraphic suspension.

Good point. I'd never blame the phones for the bad recording. Just trying not to aggravate an already sad musical situation. I doubt it will sound "bad" though.

Well, you'll get the clarity. Yeah, a lot of people prefer darker and thicker sounding iems to offset the bad mastering that usually goes along with most metal recordings (which has nothing to do with their budget as even famous bands with big budgets still want to win Loudness wars) but if you're coming from B2 you won't get much more assaulted as it is also quite revealing and nor exactly forgiving. I personally consider the N4 a great upgrade to the B2 signature-wise. It has better dynamic range, tighter and harder hitting bass, better separation and layering and overall is more open and airy sounding with a bit more treble energy. Also, the N4 is even easier to drive and has lower distortion.
Now, crappy recordings will sound crappy with it but not really that crappier than with the B2.

I think I'm convinced. Well I assume so, as I just sent payment :wink:

Thanks all for the time and advice!

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #71 of 182

I think I'm convinced. Well I assume so, as I just sent payment :wink:

Thanks all for the time and advice!

No problem. I like the N4 and with you coming from B2 I just have no problem recommending it. And yeah, the situation with poorly mastered metal music is kinda sad. The saddest thing is it's not just happening with metal, it's been happening with so many different genre albums for years. When old vinyls and tapes sound better than hi-rez stuff it's time for the industry to take action. Luckily some metal albums still come sounding great even if only on vinyl.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #72 of 182
Hello!

I'm looking for a set of new IEMs at the moment, but I have a question about the Noble 4's that I was hoping you guys could answer.

My main IEM right now is the Sony MDR-EX1000, which has 0 isolation.

I travel quite a bit on very noisy trains, and I have a very noisy office, so I was wondering if anyone could comment on what the isolation of the Noble 4 is like compared to other universals like the SE535 or ue900.

Hopefully it's good!

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #73 of 182
  Hello!

I'm looking for a set of new IEMs at the moment, but I have a question about the Noble 4's that I was hoping you guys could answer.

My main IEM right now is the Sony MDR-EX1000, which has 0 isolation.

I travel quite a bit on very noisy trains, and I have a very noisy office, so I was wondering if anyone could comment on what the isolation of the Noble 4 is like compared to other universals like the SE535 or ue900.

Hopefully it's good!

Isolation is very good. Definitely a lot better than the sony and no wind noise. I'll say at least on par with iems like ue900 and se535 as aside from the tips used and the insertion depth the Nobles also have a thicker housing, which itself blocks a good amount of outside noise.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #74 of 182
Just bought a pair of 4's at the Capital Audiofest and haven't stopped listening since!  The 3 hour drive back to Philly went by in no time and I'be been running them out of the AK120II all day today...love them.  

Thanks Brannon!

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #75 of 182
  Just bought a pair of 4's at the Capital Audiofest and haven't stopped listening since!  The 3 hour drive back to Philly went by in no time and I'be been running them out of the AK120II all day today...love them.  

Thanks Brannon!

Pleasure to meet you Lee, glad you are enjoying the Noble 4!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back