No "shirt clip" with iM716?
Dec 6, 2006 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

procreate

500+ Head-Fier
Doesn't the iM716 come with a shirt clip like the Etys? If not, then how do you secure the cable? You just let it dangle straight from your ears?

Dec 6, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 15
Shures don't come with shirt clips, and I don't have any problems with my E4. It's just like regular earbuds.

Dec 6, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the iM716 has a shirt clip for the inline volume control and hd<->bass mode setting.

Sorry, I should've said "podectomized iM716".

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shures don't come with shirt clips, and I don't have any problems with my E4. It's just like regular earbuds.

Hmm. Don't ask me how I did it, but I managed to snag the iBuds to everything and nothing. I think I'll just use the Ety clip then.

PS—Did you get my e-mail about the meet in Terneuzen?

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 15
If you mod it, can't you create a shirt clip?

It doesn't come with a removable one, but a simple shirt clip mod shouldn't be too hard.
Or you can use an existing removable one.

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #8 of 15
or spring $3 for Ety clip - it is slightly tight, but works it you really need a clip. I found it good when removing pod to also shorten at plug and put on a Neutrik (or similar) ...............everything solved.

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or spring $3 for Ety clip - it is slightly tight, but works it you really need a clip.

Hah, solved then! Btw, you mean the $8 ER-4 shirt clip? Does that work for the iM716 cable too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found it good when removing pod to also shorten at plug and put on a Neutrik (or similar) ...............everything solved.

All in the works (thanks to you).
icon10.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hah, solved then! Btw, you mean the $8 ER-4 shirt clip? Does that work for the iM716 cable too?

No, I believe he means this $3 ER6I-55 (or ER6-55 if you wanna get all contrasty with it) shirt clip. I use the ER6I-55 on my iM716 and find it fits the cords perfectly.

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I believe he means this $3 ER6I-55 (or ER6-55 if you wanna get all contrasty with it) shirt clip. I use the ER6I-55 on my iM716 and find it fits the cords perfectly.

Almost like free shipping then!
tongue.gif
(Assuming they'd ship to The Netherlands for 5 bucks, that is.)

Dec 15, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All in the works (thanks to you).
icon10.gif

I was considering an Ety clip, but after podectomy, I find I don't miss it.

As with BushGuy, have the cable shortened, or just wrap the additional slack wire around the iPod attached to your pocket/belt. Without the pod, the wire is, as mentioned before, like earbud phones. The clip isn't really needed. Well, at least that has been my experience. Perhaps if I wasn't so lazy to buy one, instread of buying foam tips, I'd likely use it. lol

As for the beheaded Queen, have you decided to get resistors installed, or will you be using a mini-amp to adjust impedance? If resistors, which values did you choose?

Could you be so kind and post pics of the Moon Audio mod on the 'Podectomy' thread?

Add on some decent foamies and you won't believe they are the same phones. I think you'll be quite happy with your Hot-Rodded Modded phones!

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jSatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was considering an Ety clip, but after podectomy, I find I don't miss it.

I've got an ER-6i here, so I'll see how it goes.

Quote:

As with BushGuy, have the cable shortened, or just wrap the additional slack wire around the iPod attached to your pocket/belt.

I had the cable shortened.

Quote:

Without the pod, the wire is, as mentioned before, like earbud phones. The clip isn't really needed. Well, at least that has been my experience.

My experience is that I managed to snag the cables on all sorts of stuff. It stopped when I got my ER-6i.

Quote:

As for the beheaded Queen, have you decided to get resistors installed, or will you be using a mini-amp to adjust impedance? If resistors, which values did you choose?

68 ohm. I left a little more cable than I need, so I can have the value changed should I want it. It can't be replaced as they are hot glued.

Quote:

Could you be so kind and post pics of the Moon Audio mod on the 'Podectomy' thread?

Of course! You and Bob's recommendation is what started this whole deal for me!
smily_headphones1.gif
Takes a couple of days, though. They'll be sent out today.

Quote:

Add on some decent foamies and you won't believe they are the same phones.

Got the same result with my ER-6i, which I stated in your foamies thread iirc. Incredible difference; an invaluable tip. Can't wait to hear how the iM716 sounds!

FYI (with permission from Drew): You can give the prices for the mod. It's normally $35 which is the pod removal and shipping included in the US. Outside the US it is additional for shipping. Be advised that this does not include resistors, nor cable shortening or a nice plug.

Dec 15, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #14 of 15
$35? Thats not bad for those who don't want to do it themselves.

I put in 47Ohm resistors in mine, and they work great. I couldn't get ahold of anything nicer than a nickel radioshack plug, but it looks and performs better than stock so I'm happy.

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace o' Spades /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$35? Thats not bad for those who don't want to do it themselves.

Exactly. Also, I don't want to mess with the hot glue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace o' Spades /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put in 47Ohm resistors in mine, and they work great. I couldn't get ahold of anything nicer than a nickel radioshack plug, but it looks and performs better than stock so I'm happy.

That's exactly how I did it. A friend of mine (he doesn't do internet, if you can believe that) played with the resistors, and that's how I got to the 68 ohms. Might have something to do with me liking the ER-6i, though. Anyway, I recommend playing with resistors, then do it or have it done like Drew does it. I can't do it like the pros can, so by recommendation I have chosen him. Top guy to deal with, patient and knows his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back