No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Jan 31, 2015 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 293

analog'd

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone reading this thread should know up front that Audeze has already replied and reacted to the concerns expressed here in the same un-reproachable fashion for which we have come to admire them. It seems clear that fantastic customer service will continue to be delivered by Audeze and they have, in fact, not left any of us out in the cold.  

I apologize for my "sky is falling" reaction to the news I was hearing about charges for failed drivers; but it felt like the sky was falling!
*****************************************************************************************

does anyone else think Audeze should stand behind their failing drivers despite their age? 

Audeze know darn well that they've shipped hundreds (thousands?) of LCDs with drivers that are prone to fail. They are now telling people they will charge $800 plus shipping to replace a failed driver if it's over 36 months old.

I think that is just reprehensible. The ONLY reason people have continued to buy these, new and used, is that they were standing behind them. To draw the line in the sand at 36 months on a driver that you've sold for $2,000 and that you KNEW was a time bomb waiting to go off (fail), shows really lousy judgement on their part.

I will never purchase anything from them again. If my LCD3s fail a second time and it's past 3 years since they were put in them I will just suck it up. I sure as shootin' won't give them another $800 of my money.

V e r y  D i s a p p o i n t i n g ! ! !  

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 293
Guess I don't need to consider the EL-8. Money saved!

dL

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 293
analog'd I feel for you.  

Like you I would be heartily disappointed.  I just bought the LCD-2Fs brand new, partly because I wanted piece of mind from the warranty - having said that, I expect them to last a LOT longer than 3 years and would be gutted if they didn't.   

To me it seems that if a product fails from a "known defect" then it should be considered for free repair outside of warranty.   

Can you say anymore about the explanation Audeze offered - i.e. did they say that yours had not failed because of this known defect or just that it was outside of the 3 year period, so no matter the cause, there would be no free repair?

Jeb. 

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #9 of 293
  analog'd I feel for you.  

Like you I would be heartily disappointed.  I just bought the LCD-2Fs brand new, partly because I wanted piece of mind from the warranty - having said that, I expect them to last a LOT longer than 3 years and would be gutted if they didn't.   

To me it seems that if a product fails from a "known defect" then it should be considered for free repair outside of warranty.   

Can you say anymore about the explanation Audeze offered - i.e. did they say that yours had not failed because of this known defect or just that it was outside of the 3 year period, so no matter the cause, there would be no free repair?

Jeb. 

hey Jeb!

I guess I wasn't clear. I am reacting to the fact that two people here in the last week had drivers fail, and had Audeze quote them $800 because they were over 36 months old.

My pair failed in June 2013 and the drivers were replaced. That's what I meant when I said should mine fail again, and it were to be beyond the 36 month mark, I would not pay them *00 to repair what are obviously defective drivers. I have used many headphones for far more than 10 years without problems. It is outrageous of them to stick to their initial warranty time frame when there are known issues with their drivers.

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #11 of 293
The LCD2'S are £799 here in the UK. There's a lot of headphones with failed drivers, cracking it's just terrible for a headphone this expensive to have these issues and for Audeze to charge you are the three year period!!! 

Any headphone over 500 should come with at least a 5 year warranty. 

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #12 of 293
This is just unacceptable, when you charge that much for a product you better make sure quality control is top notch AND back it with a damn good warranty. By the sounds of this Audeze is doing neither. I certainly don't expect headphones that cost $1k+ to die off in under a decade and I'm sure I'm not alone. Asking people with headphones over 3 years old to pay $800 because the manufacturer skimped on quality control is just taking the piss.

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #13 of 293
I think it would be good to have a statement from Audeze about this and what their reasoning is as its very concerning for anyone who has just bought or is considering buying Audeze headphones. 

Jeb. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #14 of 293
Well, this is indeed bad news indeed, that'd prolly knock Audeze out of future upgrades, I have an LCD2 (bought used) and if Audeze isn't willing to stand by their product, I sure as heck ain't gonna support them. This news would really kill the 'used' market as well.....wish I had known about this way earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back