No more late-night Red Bull for me...
May 1, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #16 of 38
If you really need to stay awake through the night (especially for several nights with little sleep), get a doctor to prescribe you Provigil (Modafinil). It keeps you awake without the intense buzz and then crash of traditional stimulants. Powerful stuff. The military has found it works better than amphetamines for people going through the night.

May 1, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
No, just learn moderation.

Hey, don't tell me. I don't drink anyways, I'm in season 11 out of 12 months a year. Tell that to the girls parents.

May 1, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
redbull and vodka and you will be flying high,

Stoly/Redbulls got me through my brother in laws weekend bachelor party in Vegas.

May 1, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 38
If I have a LOT of work for tomorrow...and if I only have one night to do it...

I go to sleep and dream about...um...my dream chateau
tongue.gif

May 1, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I once had 5 Red Bulls in one night pulling an allnighter to finish a project. I didn't realize it for awhile, but my hands were shaking so much that the pencils in the left hand were rattling. Funky stuff. Never going to do that again.

-Ed

reb bull without vodka? doh! no wonder your hands were shaking
wink.gif

May 1, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Hey, don't tell me. I don't drink anyways, I'm in season 11 out of 12 months a year. Tell that to the girls parents.

That was specifically directed at the "So please, stay away from Red Bull and Vodka's." Like other substances, the key is moderation. However, people do need to be aware that it is bad for their heart, and I think they should have some form of warning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
A number of kids have died from that combination. But Red Bull is making money head over fist, so they don't care. Look how much they spend on marketing, hundreds of millions -- targeting the exteme sports generation. They're making a fortune because it costs nothing to make. Water and taurine. Stick to coffee.

BTW you really want to drink this stuff used to treat epilepsi?

http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA263509/

Actually, that link made it much more appealing.

Article
Article 2
Rant

May 1, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #22 of 38
try the new Rockstar energy cola. It tastes worlds better than the original and better than most nrg drinks with its typical cola flavor.

or for the diy'ers - get some guarana seed powder from the health food store, mix 3 teaspoons with water and honey to taste, and consume. This is a main ingredient in many energy drinks. It contains caffiene but produces more of a buzz than coffee, and won't give you a stomach ache like coffee can.

May 1, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik S.
Incidents like these is actually one of the reasons why Red Bull is illegal to sell here in Norway.

That;s somehow strange for me, an energy drink being illegal to sell.........

May 1, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
That;s somehow strange for me, an energy drink being illegal to sell.........

Well... it's Norway
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
Another reason IIRC was that the caffeineconsentration was too high and it could be misused, specially by young people (and athletes since caffeine is a banned drug in sports). Energydrinks like Battery and Dark Dog is still legal, so they use Battery instead of Red Bull with their Vodka.

May 1, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #25 of 38
How to prepare your own cheap redbull-type energy drink:

1-Two Packs of green tea
2-Two teaspoons of sugar
3-Hot water

Preparation: Put the two tea bags in the mug/cup/whatever, pore the boiling water in the mug. Stir to dissolve the sugar, leave to cool down for a while. Remove the tea bags, and put the mug in the fridge.

Drink chilled, and SAVE YOUR MONEY! (ING Direct guy impression)

May 2, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #27 of 38
For reasons unknown to me, my mom decided to buy a case (12 cans) of Red Bull from Smart & Final about a week ago. So far, nobody's touched them. But now I might have to try one tomorrow morning before school and see just how strong it is...

May 2, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #28 of 38
Red Bull is childs play to me, it does nothing to me but make me piss more.
I don't care for them much but since I don't have many choices of drinks at a club I usually go Redbull or sprite. Since I work at clubs I tend to drink alot of them, last weekend I have 7 redbulls and afterwards fell asleep like a baby.

You kids....lol...."REdbull is soo strong"....lol

May 2, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #30 of 38
I had one of the greatest experiences of my life on the weekend. And I haven't sleep since Thursday afternoon. Nothing like tobacco, coffee and lots of pressure to keep you awake.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back