No current Phiaton MS400 thread?! Really?
Oct 10, 2012 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Doc-holliday

Never did like custom titles.
I just got in the Phiaton MS400 portable. I like them so much so far I was looking around for the "MS400 appreciation thread".... I guess I'm the only person to "appreciate" them since mid 2011 when the last review thread fizzled out.

I got them in a trade and thought I would just be selling them or re-trading based on what I have read. I am pleasantly surprised to find I am wrong. The other thing is any thread where I see a lot of talk about doing mods, usually indicates there is some serious flaw people are trying to fix. In this case people messing with the pads on them. Im like-what's the problem? They are comfortable. Bass capable with better extension than I was expecting. The midrange is just beautiful and the nice smooth highs make them ideal for extended listening.

Maybe my pair is "broken" to sound better than they are supposed to.

There has got to be someone else out there who likes these little nearly over ear portables?

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 4
Heard them once, at a local store. Very nice, punchy, warm sound. Honestly though, I didn't really take the time to listen to them, as I was too busy drooling all over the carbon fiber cups and red leather. These things are sexy! 

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Lol. Yea they do look pretty nifty. Well built and super lightweight. They weigh less than my all plastic JVC's.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Anyone have any idea where to get replacement pads for these? Or an alternative pad that might be popular? Got mine used and they are douced in perfume. Cant get the smell out. It is killing me. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back