NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #1,036 of 1,640
The Asgard 2 on closeout is what started me down the whole headphone/desktop upgrade rabbit hole! :) First it was that, the add a Bifrost 2, then a Valhalla 2 AND a Jot 2, and I kept going. I don't even want to say what all I got going now, kind of embarrassing in its ridiculousness... I still have Valhalla 2 as part of my main setup, Asgard 2 in another room.

I'll spill the beans - Yggy OG for dac, Valhalla 2, Burson Soloist GT, and Flux FA-10 Limited for amps. The Valhalla 2 is a great amp for the high impedance Senns and ZMFs. I love it with ZMF Verite and HD650 (or 6xx Drop).

I'm nuts, I own it. My son has the Piety now after I played with it for a while :thumbsup:

Apr 2, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #1,037 of 1,640
Question for ‘Jimmyblues1959’ & ‘smith3046’: besides class A operation - do the Asgard amplifier bodies run hot because they are, in effect, heat sinks for the amplifiers?

Apr 2, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #1,038 of 1,640
Question for ‘Jimmyblues1959’ & ‘smith3046’: besides class A operation - do the Asgard amplifier bodies run hot because they are, in effect, heat sinks for the amplifiers?
Yes. Jason has said the entire case acts as the heat sink for the Asgard 2, and the Valhalla 2 it seems as well. They both have the old style U bend aluminum outer case that wraps around the top and bottom. All the newer mid size stuff has the L bend top cover/front faceplate. Asgard 3 runs far cooler than 2. When Asgard 2 is at temperature it does feel like you could cook an egg on it!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #1,039 of 1,640
The Asgard 2 on closeout is what started me down the whole headphone/desktop upgrade rabbit hole! :) First it was that, the add a Bifrost 2, then a Valhalla 2 AND a Jot 2, and I kept going. I don't even want to say what all I got going now, kind of embarrassing in its ridiculousness... I still have Valhalla 2 as part of my main setup, Asgard 2 in another room.

I'll spill the beans - Yggy OG for dac, Valhalla 2, Burson Soloist GT, and Flux FA-10 Limited for amps. The Valhalla 2 is a great amp for the high impedance Senns and ZMFs. I love it with ZMF Verite and HD650 (or 6xx Drop).

I'm nuts, I own it. My son has the Piety now after I played with it for a while :thumbsup:
Sounds like you're enjoying the hobby and most importantly, the music! I have several pieces of Schiit gear including Asgard 2's, an Asgard 3 and a Jotunheim 1. For the money they're tough to beat for value. And regarding the question about the chassis on the Asgard 2 (as well as the Valhalla 2) they act as heat sinks, which is why they get so hot. IMHO, A very clever design.

Apr 2, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #1,040 of 1,640
Exactly! 😊

Apr 3, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #1,041 of 1,640
Hopefully UPS is through enjoying my Piety and they will actually deliver it tommorow, it was due Wednesday then it became Friday, on Friday they changed it to Saturday. Then on Saturday they changed it to Monday. In any event my cables to connect it won't be here until Tuesday. It's driving me crazy 🤪

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,042 of 1,640
Hopefully UPS is through enjoying my Piety and they will actually deliver it tommorow, it was due Wednesday then it became Friday, on Friday they changed it to Saturday. Then on Saturday they changed it to Monday. In any event my cables to connect it won't be here until Tuesday. It's driving me crazy 🤪

The UPS tracking does leave a lot to be desired.

Apr 3, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,043 of 1,640
Apr 3, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #1,045 of 1,640
That's the understatement of the week. This morning the tracking shows it out for delivery in a town 100 miles away.
Recipient: John Doe, 123 Main Street, Erehwon, USA … 😨

Apr 3, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #1,046 of 1,640
That's the understatement of the week. This morning the tracking shows it out for delivery in a town 100 miles away.

I never got that far. mine shipped Tuesday, said it would be here Friday, I was like 4 days from California to Michigan thats fast. Said was on the way to, cant remember somewhere in California for the rest of the week, though never changing the arriving Friday. Friday came, Friday went, then it updated the next day...now it said Tuesday the 4th and is has been "on the way" to Hodgkins, IL since it updated to the 4th since Saturday.

Will it be here tomorrow? Will it not? nobody knows.

obviously none of this is NITSCHs fault... Maybe it was all the storms going around this weekend probably what caused all the delays.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #1,047 of 1,640
I never got that far. mine shipped Tuesday, said it would be here Friday, I was like 4 days from California to Michigan thats fast. Said was on the way to, cant remember somewhere in California for the rest of the week, though never changing the arriving Friday. Friday came, Friday went, then it updated the next day...now it said Tuesday the 4th and is has been "on the way" to Hodgkins, IL since it updated to the 4th since Saturday.

Will it be here tomorrow? Will it not? nobody knows.

obviously none of this is NITSCHs fault... Maybe it was all the storms going around this weekend probably what caused all the delays.

Definitely not Nitsch's fault. It's entirely UPS, they have been getting more and more unreliable over the last few years. I run a small knife and kydex business and avoid using UPS whenever possible due to misdirected packages being a week or more late becoming the norm instead of the exception.

Apr 3, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #1,049 of 1,640
It seems that delivery services in general are not as reliable as they used to be. And Covid has only exacerbated the situation.

As for the Piety:

I was running my Piety the other day via an Amazon Fire HD8 Plus tablet and ifi Zen Dac Signature (original version), into a pair of
older Sennheiser HD 600's. Listening to high quality streams of music the sound was quite good. After 50 years in this hobby I have arrived at the conclusion that once you have a well matched audio system, the challenge becomes finding quality recordings that allow the system to bring the music to you the way that the composers intended. This IMHO, negates the need for the constant cycling through gear that many of us experience. I hope that you enjoy your Piety as much as I do mine. And that it arrives soon. 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back