NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Feb 25, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #991 of 1,640
Meh, don't go for the RU6 Imo
I’m gonna stick with the Gryphon for the time being. Eventually I’ll switch to the Multibit 2 but there’s a few other purchases on my radar before that.

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #992 of 1,640
IMG_20230226_224134.jpg

This would be a interesting shootout...

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #993 of 1,640
Same here with Camphor & Cocobolo: here to stay! EC07899E-287E-40E1-9D66-590D46901838.jpeg
Well this has turned into an Eikon lovefest!

Makes me wish I'd bought a set when Zach had them quite recently, they were on sale and he'd made something like 20 of them. I don't remember the wood at the moment, they were something dark and beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger, but I already have 3 other ZMFs...

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #994 of 1,640
Well this has turned into an Eikon lovefest!

Makes me wish I'd bought a set when Zach had them quite recently, they were on sale and he'd made something like 20 of them. I don't remember the wood at the moment, they were something dark and beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger, but I already have 3 other ZMFs...
Bocote was the last Eikon LTD run. Zach made 20 and they sat on the site and didn’t sell through. He only made three LTD Eikon’s for ZMF November so I think the love fest is quite a small group of us.

Personally I think it’s a super underrated headphone but if he’s discontinued it from the lineup I doubt there’s a lot of demand for it.

Mar 13, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #996 of 1,640
DSC_0444.jpg

During my lunch break today, I decided to finally open and set up the Piety I ordered last November. I waited this long for personal reasons but I say enough is enough.

It's only been a few hours but first impressions, this Magni seems to be all about the midrange. For better or worse, it almost seems like the characteristics of the HD6XX have been put into a tiny box. Natural, engaging, difficult to put down. I guess then it's not surprising I enjoyed the pairing with 6XX a lot. Comparing the Piety with Asgard 3, they trade blows with one another, but this could be a result of A/Bing too quickly. Right now, I prefer A3 with the HD800S, and with Sundara, also the A3 but only slightly. I think I'd prefer the Piety for longer listening sessions despite the A3 being more powerful and resolving. Still too early to say definitively.

For sources, I've used the Apple USB-C dongle and also put the Piety in my main system with the Directstream Jr DAC. The Apple dongle is good, but when hooking up to the DSJ, the engagement factor went up significantly. Holy cow. I could listen to this all day long. I'm tempted to put an order in for a Modi Multibit 2 before it goes out of stock, but I think I will let that pass and explore other options while getting to know the Piety better. If anything, now I want to accelerate my DAC upgrade and repurpose DSJ exclusively for Piety...:L3000:

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #997 of 1,640
DSC_0444.jpg

During my lunch break today, I decided to finally open and set up the Piety I ordered last November. I waited this long for personal reasons but I say enough is enough.

It's only been a few hours but first impressions, this Magni seems to be all about the midrange. For better or worse, it almost seems like the characteristics of the HD6XX have been put into a tiny box. Natural, engaging, difficult to put down. I guess then it's not surprising I enjoyed the pairing with 6XX a lot. Comparing the Piety with Asgard 3, they trade blows with one another, but this could be a result of A/Bing too quickly. Right now, I prefer A3 with the HD800S, and with Sundara, also the A3 but only slightly. I think I'd prefer the Piety for longer listening sessions despite the A3 being more powerful and resolving. Still too early to say definitively.

For sources, I've used the Apple USB-C dongle and also put the Piety in my main system with the Directstream Jr DAC. The Apple dongle is good, but when hooking up to the DSJ, the engagement factor went up significantly. Holy cow. I could listen to this all day long. I'm tempted to put an order in for a Modi Multibit 2 before it goes out of stock, but I think I will let that pass and explore other options while getting to know the Piety better. If anything, now I want to accelerate my DAC upgrade and repurpose DSJ exclusively for Piety...:L3000:
IMHO, the Asgard 3 and Piety both have a warmth to them that make them sound more tube like than solid state. I have found that both amplifiers synergize well with planar and dynamic headphones. And both are a tremendous value for what they offer. Interestingly, I actually prefer an Asgard 2 for use with my planars, since it just sounds more realistic. The A2 is a finicky amplifier that can sound great with certain headphones, yet be lacking with others. The A3 and Piety on the other hand, seem to work well with most headphones.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #999 of 1,640
Mar 25, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #1,001 of 1,640
People better move quick if they want one, says SOME available US/CA which would indicate there aren’t many. Might just be ones held back earlier for return replacement being liquidated…🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #1,003 of 1,640
Mar 27, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #1,004 of 1,640
A few just posted NOW. A bit more $$.

Leo

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #1,005 of 1,640

Users who are viewing this thread

Back