NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #781 of 1,640
Advance Notice: Piety coming up for sale

Piety fans, or Piety seekers, I'm planning to advertise mine for sale, and wanted to give you good people first shot at it if anyone's interested. It's a really fun amp but I'm just comfy with my good old very-laid-back Vali 2. Excellent condition, with power supply, original box and papers. I paid $160 and would like to almost break even, so planning to advertise it for $170 total including US-48 shipping, and I'll eat the PayPal fee. A few pics follow. Link to my trader feedback here. Interested? Please PM.

Piety1.jpgPiety2.jpgPiety3.jpg
Good on you, I got my piety from a kind samaritan like you who was selling theirs for a price very similar to this one. Doing the community good 👍 🙌 👌

Jan 1, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #782 of 1,640
I just got home from Wyoming today and the Piety has finally arrived. I'm really liking this! My other amps include a Jot 2 and Lyr 3. While I won't say the Piety is better than they are, it is a lot of fun to listen with. It does sound like a tube amp without a tube!

Jan 2, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #786 of 1,640
Listening now with my Aeon Closed RT. Even on low gain it seems to provide enough juice for them. For $150 this is a steal. Kinda reminds me of my first amp I started with, the Vali 2. A lot of capability and fun on the cheap.

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #788 of 1,640
Even the mighty AKG K240 Sextett sounds really good with the Piety. I think it has more distortion with these at 600 ohms but I like it.

Lyr 3 was my favorite amp for this. I still think Lyr 3 has better technicalities but the Piety just wants to rock out.

Jan 2, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #789 of 1,640
Even the mighty AKG K240 Sextett sounds really good with the Piety. I think it has more distortion with these at 600 ohms but I like it.

Lyr 3 was my favorite amp for this. I still think Lyr 3 has better technicalities but the Piety just wants to rock out.
That's my impression so far too. Like Piety sound pretty good and is a lot of fun, but Lyr 3 is a little bit more refined I think.

I lent Piety it to my friend who has Jot 2, Bifrost 2 and Dark Voice today, will ask him what he thinks later lol.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #790 of 1,640
Good on you, I got my piety from a kind samaritan like you who was selling theirs for a price very similar to this one. Doing the community good 👍 🙌 👌
And the attempts to fleece continue…

This was listed in a local classified ad. Price is in CAD. Welp! Definitely a lot more options at $450 CAD…including a used Valhalla 2 or Jot 2. As much as the Piety sounds good, there really isn’t a “scarcity” premium because it is a Magni at the end of the day. Just my 2 cents.
C5529637-16DC-4578-8933-139389ED37EB.jpeg

Thank you to folks like @guildenstern and others in this thread for passing on cool gear at reasonable prices for the community.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #791 of 1,640
And the attempts to fleece continue…

This was listed in a local classified ad. Price is in CAD. Welp! Definitely a lot more options at $450 CAD…including a used Valhalla 2 or Jot 2. As much as the Piety sounds good, there really isn’t a “scarcity” premium because it is a Magni at the end of the day. Just my 2 cents.
C5529637-16DC-4578-8933-139389ED37EB.jpeg

Thank you to folks like @guildenstern and others in this thread for passing on cool gear at reasonable prices for the community.

There are several Pietys on EBay that have recently sold for between $300 and $400 + US. Still more that have just come up for sale
with asking prices in that range. I guess the thought of making a 100% or more profit is appealing, but I really like the Piety and its synergy
with my headphones, so I will be keeping mine long term. 😊

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #792 of 1,640
but I really like the Piety and its synergy with my headphones, so I will be keeping mine long term. 😊
Yeah, the richness of the Piety is a welcome contrast to my uber neutral speakers. Mine isn't going anywhere until it can fund my speaker upgrade :wink:

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #793 of 1,640
Yes, in my experience there's a noticeable improvement when the Piety is left on for at least a few hours.

On an aside, I must say that I am surprised at the elevated prices used Pietys are selling for. In some instances, nearly three times
the Piety's $149 retail price, once the appropriate sales tax and shipping costs are applied. The law of diminishing returns should apply
here. I have personally found though, that when used with a quality source, dac and headphones that are well suited to the Piety's
sonic characteristics, there is something very musical about this diminutive headphone amplifier. I plan on keeping mine, as I suspect
most Piety owners will. And that means that the small float of Pietys on the used market will likely continue to sell at a premium.
At least for the time being.

FOMO is a powerful thing for a lot of people just look at the bourbon market and the jackassery that goes on there.

Jan 6, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #794 of 1,640
Does anyone have both the Modi+ and Modi Multibit 2 with their piety? I am travelling to family in the USA in a week and would like to purchase a good DAC for mine. I would like some advice in what to purchase. I want to know if the performance is that much better to justify the 2x-3x price of the multibit 2.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #795 of 1,640
Does anyone have both the Modi+ and Modi Multibit 2 with their piety? I am travelling to family in the USA in a week and would like to purchase a good DAC for mine. I would like some advice in what to purchase. I want to know if the performance is that much better to justify the 2x-3x price of the multibit 2.
I'm curious about this as well, I mean I already got MM2 but curious what the difference is between Modi+ and MM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back