NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #1,576 of 1,640
ZMF VC's are one of the good pairings here for me...
Enjoy!

1705417327156.jpeg

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #1,577 of 1,640
new to the piety scene - sitting with the no1 in front of me with no4 (the big one) on order and arriving whenever it arrives...

Patiently waiting for no4 as well. No1 + Hugo2 + he400 (og) has been pretty much my daily for the past 3 months. The bass from this setup satisfies my basshead cravings. The little Piety continues to impress. Can't wait to hear the big brother.
Being a VERY happy Piety owner, the No 4 is on my radar and I'd be very interested in hearing how you think it compares with the Piety. My only headphones (for the time being) are the 99 Noirs which I love and if the Pietus makes them an even better pair of headphones then I'm basically all-in.

Dave

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #1,578 of 1,640
Welp, I'm caving. My office Schiit stack (MMB2, Loki Mini+, MagPi) is too good and I miss it too frequently so I'm bringing it back home. Or I'm at least bringing my Piety back home. I have a BF2 and Peace EQ at home, so I don't really need the MMB2 and Loki at home. I picked up an iFi iDSD Sig Finale to be my replacement office DAC/amp. We'll see how that pans out. I want something at the office that's good, but not SO good that I hate to leave it at work like the MagPi, lol.

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #1,579 of 1,640
Welp, I'm caving. My office Schiit stack (MMB2, Loki Mini+, MagPi) is too good and I miss it too frequently so I'm bringing it back home. Or I'm at least bringing my Piety back home. I have a BF2 and Peace EQ at home, so I don't really need the MMB2 and Loki at home. I picked up an iFi iDSD Sig Finale to be my replacement office DAC/amp. We'll see how that pans out. I want something at the office that's good, but not SO good that I hate to leave it at work like the MagPi, lol.
I mean..... I do like the iFi iDSD line, they sound really good to me. So either case you can't go wrong.

But you could also just buy another Magni Piety for home you know. :joy:

They're not limited anymore.

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #1,580 of 1,640
I mean..... I do like the iFi iDSD line, they sound really good to me. So either case you can't go wrong.

But you could also just buy another Magni Piety for home you know. :joy:

They're not limited anymore.
I thought about it, but I've been really curious to hear an iDSD lately, especially with the Sig Finale dropping to $300 on Adorama. And this seemed like a great excuse to buy one, lol

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #1,582 of 1,640
I thought about it, but I've been really curious to hear an iDSD lately, especially with the Sig Finale dropping to $300 on Adorama. And this seemed like a great excuse to buy one, lol
lol I mean I won't deny it, I've thought about buying it many times too. But I don't like battery powered things and I also already have desktop amps so I ended up getting Zen Dac Signature instead.
Soekris 2541 is very open and transparent with the Piety and VC's
I had the Soekris 1541, I find Soekris is very good at showing scale. Everything is very grand and large and huge soundstage.

But other than that I find it too neutral/dry sounding so I sold it LOL.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #1,583 of 1,640
My MagPi needs company. Besides MMB2, suggestions?
IMG_0132.png

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #1,584 of 1,640
IMG_0132.png
ifi Zen Dac Signature version one. IMO it's a great sounding dac for the money. If you want a simple but really nice sounding NOS dac, the Audio By Van Alstine Insight from the late 2000's sounds quite nice and can be had used for about $300US.

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #1,585 of 1,640
ifi Zen Dac Signature version one. IMO it's a great sounding dac for the money. If you want a simple but really nice sounding NOS dac, the Audio By Van Alstine Insight from the late 2000's sounds quite nice and can be had used for about $300US.
Would they fit in that spot on top of the MagPi?

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #1,586 of 1,640
Sorry just out of curiosity, did you not like the MMB2 pairing?

Also personally I bought and sold MMB2 once and recently re-bought it again to give it another try. :joy:

So I'd totally understand.
ifi Zen Dac Signature version one. IMO it's a great sounding dac for the money.
LOL the timing is crazy. I literally just bought a Zen Dac Signature V1 few days ago. Now I'm just waiting until it arrives.

Was going to wait till it arrives to make the suggestion.

Also I bought V1 purely by chance, could you elaborate why V1 but not V2?
I currently only has the Zen Air Dac, it looks a little bit wider than the MMB2 next to it.

According to iFi the measurements are:

160(w) x 117(d) x 35(h) mm
6.3" x 4.6" x 1.4"

So might be safer to measure, but from your picture I think if you remove the foam inserts on the left/right side then it might just fit.

PXL_20240118_145811381.jpg

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #1,587 of 1,640
The ifi Zen Dac Signature should fit since it's similar in size to the Piety. However, I'd put the Zen Dac under the Piety so that the Piety's heat vents remain clear.

The Insight is much too large for that area.

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #1,589 of 1,640
Sorry just out of curiosity, did you not like the MMB2 pairing?
I've not had a DAC yet in that setup. I have enjoyed a Schiit Bifrost Uber and a Gungnir MB so I'm happy with the Schiit sound.
Just one of those consumers that like to be aware of all my choices. I don't tend to suffer from the Paradox of Choice.

In an odd sort of way, I'd really like 2MMBs, one with balanced outputs for another system. That one currently has a Benchmark DAC1 (old one!) and sounds very clean. Sometimes, I miss the romantic realism of the Schiit multibit sound.

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #1,590 of 1,640
I present you.......... iFi Schiit burger!

Not the same units but should be same dimension to demonstrate.

@Jimmyblues1959 could you elaborate a bit as to why v1 vs v2?

PXL_20240120_152221314.jpg
I own the original version of the ifi Zen Dac Signature and from what I have read it does have a different sound than the more recent version.
Some listeners preferred the second version while others preferred the first. Objectively speaking, the spec's on the more recent version are said to be better.

As for the sonic differences between the two dac's, that's purely subjective IMHO 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back