Nintendo WII U or PS4 for my kid?
Apr 2, 2014 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

alota

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, i need your advice.
my kid is 6 years old. this year i will buy one console.
i saw in the store and in internet the specifications about the PS4 and Nintendo WII U.
I think that ps4 hardawrae is the best and the ps4 has a blu-ray player.
but about the games, i think that the games of Nintendo wii u are specific to the age of my kid.
yuo confirm this?
suggestions?
many thanks

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 13
I would choose the Wii U. A ps4 is not very 6 year old user friendly and is a bit complicated to get around the menus. The Wii U has a big screen on the controller which I think he would find very fun. Also, many more Wii U games are centered around the younger audience. Sony likes to advertise mostly M rated games that are not very appropriate for a child. On the other hand, if the family is using the game console as a blue ray player and Netflix machine, the ps4 isn't all that bad of an option either. It has far superior computing abilities and the graphics are a lot better than the Wii U. In short, if the console is going to be mainly used for child, go with the Wii U. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 13
You'll have more games on the Nintendo Wii U suited for your child's age like Mario, Donkey Kong and Sonic. The Wii U also is backwards compatible with most of the Vanilla Wii games but you will need to purchase a Wii nunchuck and Wii remote to play last the last generation Wii games. There is also the Wii Virtual Console software on the Wii U. So you have losts of games to choose from for your kid.

The only games right now for the PS4 for your kid would be sports games, the Lego games and Rayman Legends.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 13
thanks for your help.
the price is also more title for wii u.
i saw in the fnac stores package with games and remote.
i will buy the wii u.
for blu -ray
i will use my oppo.
p.s.: netflix in my country not works
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 13
Good choice. When I think of Nintendo, I think of games that are truly fun for what it is or "pure" (I'll try not to be philosophical). Yes the games are more "kiddie" but it was about having fun from beginning to end. Whereas Xbox/PS4 games seem way too serious and competitive for younger kids.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 13
If you play video games having the next super smash bros. come out soon is a huge advantage imo. The game is a lot of fun for everyone to play. Imo it is a little too early in the PS4s lifespan for some of the "younger" games to come out. Right now the only thing that really exists is knack and Lego Marvel iirc. I would imagine PS4 getting a new LBP in the future. Which is probably one of my favorite platformers of all time. I can not remember a single game where I had more fun and laughed as hard as I did in LBP.

Oh and the new donkey kongs are amazing fun, though are pretty brutal difficulty wise. Granted there are super monkey guide type things. The game really starts requiring precise timing and jumping though. I kinda sorta of wish they would just ditch the live system in the game. Its so easy to farm lives in it, and it feels redundant to have to farm them.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #7 of 13
i grew up(i´m 42 years old) with donkey kong, super mario, super pang, etc, etc.
i think that i´m going to enjoy even.
what? is for my kid?
biggrin.gif

really thanks for your help.
just another question: whati is LBP?

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 13
It might not be the answer you're looking for..
But why not get a wii (the regular one) and a PS3? This way you'll have a good piece of both worlds, it's what I did! Oh and if you buy smart, it even saves you some money.

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #9 of 13
  It might not be the answer you're looking for..
But why not get a wii (the regular one) and a PS3? This way you'll have a good piece of both worlds, it's what I did! Oh and if you buy smart, it even saves you some money.

It´s a good question but will be only one consolle

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #10 of 13

It´s a good question but will be only one consolle

Oh I see, then a Wii U would be a better choice, it's more child-friendly, and more child-friendly games, such as Mario and other Nintendo titles.
A PS4 is more for First Person Shooters, Like Call of Duty,Battlefield and borderlands. It's also more suited for action games like Assasin's creed.

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #11 of 13
  Oh I see, then a Wii U would be a better choice, it's more child-friendly, and more child-friendly games, such as Mario and other Nintendo titles.
A PS4 is more for First Person Shooters, Like Call of Duty,Battlefield and borderlands. It's also more suited for action games like Assasin's creed.

My kid is an earthquake, he needs quiet games
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back