Nintendo DSI XL Probs re format
Apr 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I tarsnferred some MP3 format music files to a SD card, inserted the card into my Nintendo DSI XL and it does not even read  the type of format i.e the MP3 format.

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 9
It is Nintendo's intention not to support mp3 format on any of the DS just to avoid issue with DRM. But with the right cart, you can play almost everything on it (not going to discuss it further since that will break the forum's rules). Google is your friend.

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 9
It is not a dedicated music player so you shouldn't expect it to do anything better than just playing games' music file, which is generally very low quality stuff.

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
In terms of sq whats the nintendo like, I dont want to simply waste my time and install moonshine if the DSI XL has a lousy or average SQ.

Even if you do play more advanced codecs the dsi, including the XL that I also have, has crappy SQ.

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Ok but I will admit its a brilliant games player or very good one, Nintendo have always been renowned for their game machines and purely this is what this company does, games.

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 9
Good game console, sub-par music player.  But it's still better than nothing if you don't have anything else available.  But its headphone-out is really, really underpowered - the worst I've ever seen, honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back