NIN: Ghosts - Free high resolution
May 10, 2008 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

mcmurray

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.
I'm currently downloading the 24/96 flac version of this album from usenet, some legend managed to rip the content from the blu-ray disc, and it sounds bloody great!

Since this album is under creative commons if anyone wants me to I'll upload a torrent and post it here. I'll upload the album in FLAC but if anyone needs me to I can upload in WAV 24/96 or even Apple lossless 24/96.

Edit: here's the updated torrent file: Demonoid.com - Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV 24bit 96kHz FLAC

May 10, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 20
I'd definitely be interested. I can't notice a difference between 24/96 and 16/44, even when I think I might, I doubt myself. I'm always looking for well recorded albums, though. Free is good, too.
icon10.gif

May 10, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 20
Funny, I'm listening to the 16/44 version right now. My computer rig doesn't have the guts to get the benefit from a higher res version though, so I'll pass.

But for those who download the high res version when it's posted here, consider dropping the measly $5 for the regular lossless version here. This new method of distribution needs full and complete support to go forward.

May 10, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #5 of 20
I thought head-fi don't allow distributing copy righted material illegally here.

May 10, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 20
I see. I stand corrected then.
redface.gif

May 11, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 20
Thanks a lot for the 24/94 FLAC torrent.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll give it a go...

May 11, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #11 of 20
I'm kinda curious about how the content was ripped... Hopefully not analog output -> analog input. If it was all digital, the ripper should be capable of writing a nice little program that rips MLP streams. I've been itching to copy my DVD-A discs for years.
biggrin.gif

Edit:
Quote:

"So everyone knows i ripped the 24 bit 96 wav from the m2ts on the blu ray and then split at each track point precisely to maintain continuity in audition. They are fully tagged with the unique image art for each track embedded in the tag. The images that are in the pack are high resolution 1080p of the images in the blu ray slideshow. These are different from anywhere else, the pdf or the books in the deluxe editions. Here is a comparison, left side being the book art and right the same tracks art in the bluray slideshow:

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ghostsbluraytobookgo3.jpg"

May 17, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #13 of 20
Please continue to seed this. I don't think even one person managed to download the whole thing.

EDIT: I just realised that OP wasn't the original seeder, so he can't probably do anything about it.

May 18, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys.
I'm currently downloading the 24/96 flac version of this album from usenet, some legend managed to rip the content from the blu-ray disc, and it sounds bloody great!

Since this album is under creative commons if anyone wants me to I'll upload a torrent and post it here. I'll upload the album in FLAC but if anyone needs me to I can upload in WAV 24/96 or even Apple lossless 24/96.

Edit: here's the updated torrent file: Demonoid.com - Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV 24bit 96kHz FLAC

Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of ALAC's support for 24/96? How do you create them?

May 18, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of ALAC's support for 24/96? I think the highest it can go is 16/48.

ALAC supports 24/96.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back