Nigerian E-mail Scams
Jul 27, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #16 of 21
I was asked to send a bought (but not paid for) laptop to Nigeria to this 'poor woman's daughter' who was in college and needed a computer. When I pointed out she hadn't even paid yet - she said she WOULD pay once I'd sent her my Paypal details. Also, I'd get an extra $300 for shipping. . . AFTER I sent the laptop - needless to say I couldn't rush her my Paypal details fast enough
eggosmile.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I think these are the funniest things ever. Do they really think they are fooling anyone?

It fooled Michael Scott :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they always have to state Nigeria? Surely they could use another country's name to disguise their Nigerian origin?

That's because they are actually all from Nigeria.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #19 of 21
Some people are stupid enough to fall for this one.
They don't deserve better!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 21
I think it could work on someone new to the internet. (then I'm mostly thinking of older people who are just starting using PCs)
They see the semi-official letter and the amount of cash offered, without prior experience with these scams, greed can cloud your judgment pretty easily.

And like someone said, they wouldn't be doing it if no one fell for it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it could work on someone new to the internet. (then I'm mostly thinking of older people who are just starting using PCs)
They see the semi-official letter and the amount of cash offered, without prior experience with these scams, greed can cloud your judgment pretty easily.

The reverse is often true as well: the scammers themselves cannot resist too-good-to-be-true promises of money. That's why we have such hilarious scambaiting stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back