Nice move: UE promotes new artists.
Jul 14, 2007 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7
[align=center][size=large]Ultimate Ears promotes new artists.[/size][/align]

Due to work, my schedule so far this summer hasn't left much time for casual browsing and Head-Fi pleasure reading/posting. This morning, I took some alone time to browse with a coffee, and saw a thread that mentioned that Ultimate Ears put some photos of some Head-Fi Members' custom UE in-ears on their website. Very cool.

I also noticed that Ultimate Ears redesigned their whole website, and included a section specifically to promote currently lesser-known artists in a section called Artists to Watch. Very cool. I'm all about finding new music of all types all the time, and listened to a few artists in that section this morning that I'm going to dive into and try more of:
  1. Viva Voce
  2. Vendetta Valentine
  3. Charlotte Martin
I'm going to listen to the Noisettes' sample tracks more to see if they grow on me.

Look for the "LISTEN NOW" button in each artist's section, as that'll spawn the sample track player (the sample tracks are complete tracks).

Good move, UE, and thanks for introducing us to artists we might not otherwise have found. I'm already looking forward to the next set of Artists to Watch.

Jul 14, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 7
Thanks for the heads up. That "Stromata" song by Charlotte Martin sounds surprisingly good (normally I really dislike this kind of stuff)
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Okay, I'm now obsessed with this song; I've been listening to it looped back-to-back for the past hour and it gets better every time O_O

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 7
yea, im listening to it right now and also getting hooked,
they are promoting them as independent artists or are these plain normal "slaves" of the RIAA ?

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 7
some of these are pretty good. thanks
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Noisettes opened for muse and were pretty good, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back