Nice game, US clips Canada 5-3.
Feb 22, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 43
I was torn when I watched this game as I am American, yet I live in the Pittsburgh area and wanted to see Crosby win...Ultimately my Pittsburgh roots won over and I rooted for team Canada
biggrin.gif
It was good game to watch though!

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolfan26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was torn when I watched this game as I am American, yet I live in the Pittsburgh area and wanted to see Crosby win...Ultimately my Pittsburgh roots won over and I rooted for team Canada
biggrin.gif

Consider it as payback for the Winter Classic back in Buffalo.. (I am from Buffalo and saw that horrible goal in person)

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolfan26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Glad to see another Pittsburgher on this forum, I live in the Delmont / Murrysville area. Grew up in Bloomfield A.K.A. Little italy.

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 43
If Canada had Luongo in net and didn't play like the Vancouver Canucks except for a couple of shifts, they would have had that. Miller was amazing, he's what I dreamed of being as a kid.

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #10 of 43
Canada played super aggressive, but they were sloppy and made mistakes. Still, it was an exciting game.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to see another Pittsburgher on this forum, I live in the Delmont / Murrysville area. Grew up in Bloomfield A.K.A. Little italy.

Yes good to see indeed. I live in Ligonier which isn't too far from Murrysville. BTW any good headphone stores within a reasonable driving distance? I have always bought off the internet, but it would be nice to try some out in person.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You rooted for canada because of crosby?

For shame.

HaHa!! You must not understand how much people in pittsburgh love the pens and crosby
smile.gif
Though I discussed this with my friends and they were all for team USA, so maybe I am just crazy!

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #13 of 43
marty's habit of wandering around the net needs to be cut down a bit. There were few times where he was caught in bad position after playing the puck himself.
I figure he'll be back for qualification game on tuesday, but I expect roberto to get the nod game after germany if marty seems a bit shaky.

Had a blast watching the game though, Miller's goaltending was nothing short of stellar, and gutsy win for US.

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #14 of 43
Brodeur's time as Canada's goalie has to come to an end. He earned his chance based on his resume, but time to pass the torch to Luongo...or Fluery?Canada needs a big game goalie. Playoff wins over the last two seasons for Brodeur? 4. For Luongo? 6. Fleury? 30! Maybe he gets a chance? Doubt it, but a shake up is needed. The Canucks fan in me is calling for Luongo!

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brodeur's time as Canada's goalie has to come to an end. He earned his chance based on his resume, but time to pass the torch to Luongo...or Fluery?Canada needs a big game goalie. Playoff wins over the last two seasons for Brodeur? 4. For Luongo? 6. Fleury? 30! Maybe he gets a chance? Doubt it, but a shake up is needed. The Canucks fan in me is calling for Luongo!

+1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back