NHL Playoffs have begun!
Apr 22, 2003 at 1:19 PM Post #76 of 152
I hate the avs too. They looked so stunned last night when they lost. I think they thought they had it won after scoring those two late goals to send it into overtime. Toronto and philly was a great game. I think toronto must have hit the coco leafs before o.t. because even short handed they were really taking it to the flyers. I'm off all this week so the late games are no problem this week.

Apr 23, 2003 at 3:00 AM Post #77 of 152
I figure Reichel's penalty shot pissed off the hockey gods, and so the hockey gods poisoned the Leaf's breakfasts, and so really, they all had diarrhea tonight, and thus couldn't skate. It's the only !@#$ explanation.

Apr 23, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #79 of 152
The Leafs were just so flat today. I'm so disenchanted right now. I was expecting them to play more like last night...
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #80 of 152
The Leafs were good at doing pylon impressions, though.

Apr 23, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #82 of 152
Quote:

Originally posted by fiddler
The Leafs were good at doing pylon impressions, though.

LOL, they did try to make an effort in the first few minutes. Then the penalties came. I think Belfour was so frustrated with the defensive attempts of the leafs. Did you see the look he gave the defensemen after the first or second goal.

Apr 23, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #83 of 152
You no when goalies start skating to the corners to back check forwards ther alittle bit out of there game.

Apr 23, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #85 of 152
seeing the avs loose, makes me almost as happy as i'll be when I see the stars beat the ducks.

Apr 23, 2003 at 1:30 PM Post #87 of 152
As I stumble into work tired from a night of Hockey I am bolsterd that 2 out of the 3 teams I wanted to win did. I was hoping Toronto would take Philly. But seeing the Avs and St Louis loose made up for it many times over. A day off and the secound round begins.

Apr 23, 2003 at 3:05 PM Post #88 of 152
There is some joy in hockeytown, the Avs are OUT.
That series reminded me a lot of the Detroit/Duck series. The Avs dominated and clearly had the better team but like the Wings they now are doomed to watching the Wild take their rightful place. DON"T mistake that as feeling sorry for Colorado, please! Bye Bye Avs
very_evil_smiley.gif

Todd

Apr 23, 2003 at 4:39 PM Post #89 of 152
All I can say is....

[size=medium]Go Flyers!!!!!!![/size]

I grew up with the broad street bullies. The Flyers shall always be my team, despite the fact that I now live closer to the Caps.

Ahhh... the memories of Gene Hart announcing the games... especially his call for the 1974 Stanley Cup final... "The Flyers win the Stanley Cup! The Flyers win the Stanley Cup!".... Kate Smith singing God Bless America...Bernie Parent... Rick McLeish, Bobby Clarke, Bill Barber, Reggie Leatch, Dave Schultz, Moose DuPont...

Hope this crew can create a little new Flyers history!!!

Bruce

Apr 23, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #90 of 152
oh yeah, Bobby Clarke one of my all time favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back