NHL 09-10. Congrats Pittsburgh on your championship. Can ya do it again?
Sep 25, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSilverice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canucks all the way! now if only I can afford to go watch them at GM place...

My wife tried to get us two tickets to the Canucks/leafs game last year as an anniversary gift but because it was Sundin's first game back the pair of tickets ended up selling for close to $1200...lol. Needless to say, we didn't go.

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife tried to get us two tickets to the Canucks/leafs game last year as an anniversary gift but because it was Sundin's first game back the pair of tickets ended up selling for close to $1200...lol. Needless to say, we didn't go.

Yeah it gets pretty crazy. If you camp on craigslist right before the game starts, you might find reasonable prices as some people are desperate to sell.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #19 of 41
Blues looked good in their comeback win in Stockholm. Detroit lost their composure and the game in the second with a 3-1 lead. Sure missed Kariya and Johnson in that Blues lineup.

We'll see how Osgood responds today.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by NacMacFeegle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Panthers are looking good in the pre-season games..Translation: It's going to be another loooong season ahead of me
angry_face.gif
. I could be wrong though, I figure it's still a wee bit early to get worried about hockey when I still carry my golf clubs in the car 'just in case'...

Well, they won yesterday, but Hawks are up by 2 in the second right now. I didn't follow any of the preseason doings, but it's time to settle in and see what's what. I'm still disappointed in my Wings from last year's cup loss, and to lose to the Blues out of the gate this year!?!? Blech. Let's see what they do today. The Panthers might prove interesting this year, and I'm going to try and get to a few games.

I still don't like Pittsburgh, NY, or Chicago as team, but there should be some great games this season. Yay to hockey being back!

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #21 of 41
Two down, 80 to go.

So both teams used their backup goalies in the game. I like the speed of the Blues this year. Young legs really change the game. Glad to see Blues management build from youth instead of free agents. I hope this year can bring the Blues back to respectability. Time to change the status and Chicago isn't the only team on the rise in the Central.

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still don't like Pittsburgh, NY, or Chicago as team, but there should be some great games this season. Yay to hockey being back!

Ofc, you don't, cause your a red wings fan!! ew!!

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #23 of 41
I thought in last years playoffs St. Louis looked very good against Vancouver. Vancouver won because of experience and some lucky breaks but all young teams have go through that as part of the learning curve. I like St. Louis's alternate jerseys a lot more than their regular ones (the blue is a bit too dark).

Chicago's goalie Huet looked pretty bad in the season opener, if he can't play better against high shots to his glove side they are going to have to dump him. The Hawks should of won that game easily, imho.

Oct 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought in last years playoffs St. Louis looked very good against Vancouver. Vancouver won because of experience and some lucky breaks but all young teams have go through that as part of the learning curve. I like St. Louis's alternate jerseys a lot more than their regular ones (the blue is a bit too dark).

Chicago's goalie Huet looked pretty bad in the season opener, if he can't play better against high shots to his glove side they are going to have to dump him. The Hawks should of won that game easily, imho.

Yeah. that's the scouting report on him. High glove side shots are a huge weakness for him. That's my biggest concern for da hawks

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenGecko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ofc, you don't, cause your a red wings fan!! ew!!

The Wings are the Yankees of Hockey (Since Stevie Y). You expect them to be good every year. On the flip side of that, everybody loves to shoot for the top teams and Detroit is always on the sh't list of their rivals. It's early in the season but I'll take a small victory where I can. The Blues lost 5-6 against them last year and only won the last game with a determined effort from David Backes (4 goals) and pushing for a playoff berth.

Thus far, I see the Wings getting their goals, just not as dominate on the defensive side as years past. It's early and I'm sure the Wings will get things back to Detroit hockey soon enough.

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #26 of 41
I'd like them to repeat, I missed the cup in Cole Harbour
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #28 of 41
Yes, thoses were heady days indeed. The Blues had what I consider to be their best chance of a cup. Fortunately for both Shanny and Hullie, they went on to a cup winning team(s). Now we have to give consideration to him as a HOF player. Craig Janney won't be one of them.

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you being sarcastic or serious about Janney? I would even consider Sean Avery as a step up as both a human being and a teammate than Janney, which isn't saying very much.

Wow! Sean Avery as a step up to just about anything or anybody is just inconceivable! To me he is the lowest of the low in every way possible, even lower than the guy (I think his name was Hunter) who all but ended Pat LaFountaine's career with that oh so late hit into the boards after a goal and I used to think that was as low as you could go! I guess I'll keep an eye out for this Janney character...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back