NFL Title Games/Super Bowl Picks...
Jan 16, 2004 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
I'm taking the Colts and the Eagles this weekend with the Colts to win the Super Bowl. I'll change my Super Bowl prediction next week if these teams don't win.
wink.gif

Anyone else care to play?

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 30
Well, being from New England, I'm going with the Pats.

Jan 17, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 30
It will be Pats vs Eagles, with the Pats prevailing in the end. U-M alumnus Tom Brady is quickly stacking up post-season stats that are comparable to Roger Staubach and Joe Montana. He's cool under pressure, and has mastered the intricacies of the tuck rule
biggrin.gif

Of the two games, I think that the closest will be between the Eagles and the Panthers. It's possible that they might pull an upset if it isn't too cold and nasty in Philly. As good as Peyton Manning is, the Colts' defense just doesn't have enough steam to stop the Pats when it counts, and the Pats' defense is incredible.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 30
I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina takes it all, against all odds, but I would give either AFC team the edge in the Superbowl. Been some great playoff games so far, let's hope they continue!

Jan 17, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #8 of 30
Both the Panthers and the Pats seem to have the magic touch in terms of just finding a way to win. But I think these could be more great games...

A month ago, if I had been told Pats at home in the cold, I would have said the Pats are a lock, but the Colts have looked amazing--but that amazing has been against some weak defenses. (Cover-your-eyes bad in the Chiefs case). So it should be exciting.

I don't think the NFC winner has a shot regardless of what the Super Bowl matchup is. But based on how the two NFC teams have been playing lately, I suspect it'll come down to a field goal...

Jan 18, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
I'm taking the Colts and the Eagles this weekend with the Colts to win the Super Bowl. I'll change my Super Bowl prediction next week if these teams don't win.
wink.gif

Anyone else care to play?

smily_headphones1.gif

I second your picks, Rick.

JC

Jan 18, 2004 at 7:57 AM Post #10 of 30
I can't see anyone beating the Colts. Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy have something to prove and everyone is just in their way.

McNabb also has something to prove and I see these two teams meeting in the Superbowl and the Colts winning big.

Jan 18, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #11 of 30
There's going to be rioting in the streets when Philly loses to the Pats in the SuperBowl.

Philly fans are a crazy breed - it's win or die. Must be something in those cheese steaks.

Jan 18, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #12 of 30
I was at games 1 & 2 when the Flyers played the Wings in 1997 for the Stanley Cup. I thought I was going to get killed. Philly fans booed Santa Claus...they are the worst fans in sports!! They'll probably riot win OR lose.

Jan 18, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 30
This is why, as impressive as the Colts have been over the last few weeks, I picked the Pats:

The Colts play half of their games in PERFECT INDOOR CONDITIONS. When stuff like this happens, they are screwed!!

Jan 18, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

I was at games 1 & 2 when the Flyers played the Wings in 1997 for the Stanley Cup

i can remember when the flyers were the "broad street bullies' and before a rangers/flyers game while the national anthem was still playing a bench clearing brawl broke out !

no one was left on the bench and even the goalies were beatin' the crap outta each other !

man ,there were gloves all over the ice and it took like a half hour before everyone found thiers

Ron Duguay said later he "needed a new pair ' so he picked up someone elses gloves

If my memory is not totally slippin' this led to the "drop your gloves and you get a penalty" rule

biggrin.gif

didn't mean to thread crap but man , i LOVE hockey !

oh yeah-colts /eagles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back