Nexus 5 Sound Quality?
May 14, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #172 of 228
i wouldnt say the N5 was horrible.  i mean its a phone so dont expect the world.  it is however not a warm sounding device so if you like a warm dap, its not really it.  tbh as phones go in the few that i have heard id say its one of the less bad.

(note that i really dont go out of my way to try phones for audio, they are all convergence devices and none of them really care about audio quality)

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #174 of 228
OK I am going to start off by saying i am an audio enthusiast and I have had every iPhone all the Galaxy's and I recently got the nexus 5 and absolutely stumped by the lack of give a **** that google puts into there audio systems in there devices not one of the devices I own of googles has good quality at all nor do they have equalizers. On a scale 1-10 on the audio quality given the iPhone and Galaxy's are a 10 i would give the nexus 5 a 2 1/2 because the audio works that would be the only reason. When listening to music on it I find myself using a pair of amplified earphones just to hear my music. So the answer to your question is nexus 5's sound quality sucks.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #175 of 228
I'm using IE800 on my Nexus 5 and its pretty ****.  Not even that loud at the highest volume.

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #176 of 228
The nexus 5 reminds me of what onboard PC audio used to sound like 10 years ago, I doubt any amount of kernel hacks will make this baby sing. 

Does anyone know how it compares to the 2013 Nexus 7?

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #178 of 228
Currently using Shure SE215s as a placeholder pair until I can order better stuff, but I have to say that these play pretty nicely with the Nexus 5 (Android 5.0 (L) Dev Preview installed and rooted w/a FauxSound-enabled kernel, if that matters). Every issue I may have with sound can probably be ascribed to the Shures simply not being that great.

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #179 of 228
No, I'm not saying the nexus 5 isn't quality I'm saying its not loud and me being into the love of audio its not good enough the nexus 5 is in fact one of the nicer phones I've used (but) not the audio aspect of it. @mark2410 I'm also currently testing all the aspects and parameters of the one + one phone very nicely built phone

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #180 of 228
hmm you did say "So the answer to your question is nexus 5's sound quality sucks" and im sorry but it doesnt.  im not going to say its "good" but for a phone its not terrible and is a giant step of from the N4, that thing was pretty terrible.

i mean there might be some phones out there are good, ill confess ive never heard those samsungs with the wolfson DAC's in them but there is a reason i never use my phone for audio.  phones are convergence devices so "good enough" as all that matters and "good enough" isnt so for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back