Nextdrive Spectra - anybody else got one?
Jan 30, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #16 of 27
I fell for this item due to false advertising on the Amazon site, under one of the photos MQA is mentioned.
I used it for a few day and I was impressed, however being a Tidal-Android/UAPP user I went for the xDSD
so I can take full advantage of the double unfolding.

I'll be honest with you, I've no idea whether SpectraX can decode MQA right now, I need to look into it :)

In another order of thoughts, I also have xDSD, and it is a step up from SpectraX, but it is also quite a bit more expensive, and less portable. Still a nice upgrade though :)

Most of my friends are now going for SpectraX above most other simlarly priced DAC/AMPs, as I took my unit to our Romanian meeting and they were all very impressed by the sound. BTW, I am not sure how it is advertised, but I know that I like how it sounds.

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 27
Have to ask again - any Spectra or X owners notice any signature changes due to the possible high OI?

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #19 of 27
@Dobrescu George

I'm asking if any owners have noticed sound changes due to the reported 10 ohm output impedance, particularly with low impedance IEMs

Obviously HD600 shouldn't have impedance issues

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #21 of 27
Hi guys (@Dobrescu George - love your channel btw. and @ngd3 ) - I dunno if this is too late but I had received an email from the seller on Amazon about high output impedance. If you want I can upload and make the firmware available. Cheers:

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 3.45.27 AM.png

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #22 of 27
Hi guys (@Dobrescu George - love your channel btw. and @ngd3 ) - I dunno if this is too late but I had received an email from the seller on Amazon about high output impedance. If you want I can upload and make the firmware available. Cheers:

I reached out already and use that firmware, thanks though

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #23 of 27

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 3.45.27 AM.png

Woah, thank you, really helpful info!!

You should try to share it as much as you can!

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #25 of 27
It just says SPECTRA on my Note 10, you didn't get ripped off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back