Next pair of headphones to add to my HD650's...?
Apr 23, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 17
Just a quick update for everyone.

I got a great deal on the Beyer Massdrop DT 177X GO and it was JUST what I was looking for. Thanks everybody who help with their advice! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
Sorry to hear that.

I'll throw in a suggestion for my latest set that I'm wild about: Meze 99 Classics. They'll be a bit brighter and have more thump than the 650's, yet still somehow do not sound mid recessed.

And at only $300 that leaves you a little cash to get a nice entry level desktop amp to feed your 650! I know you love how they sound with your Mojo, but have you ever given a desktop amp a real try? If not, it's quite possible your love for your 650's can go even deeper! I finally got one last year for my HD 600 and I was kinda blown away, and ultimately angry with myself that I didn't do it sooner (I've told this story in detail in a number of threads lately, so I'll spare everyone yet another telling). Anyway, both Schiit and JDS Labs make stellar compact desktop amps for just $99 if you can believe it. I'm begging you to try one if you haven't before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back