Next Pair of Budget IEMs for Electro/House/Rap/HipHop
Nov 16, 2011 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

xedjflowx

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys last time I was on here was when I purchased my NuForce NE-6's. All in all, I loved them because they had a very natural sound, wide range of bass and for the price I was in heaven.

I've come back because after months of using them to workout (shouldve bought a cheap pair for working out damnit
triportsad.gif
), finally the left IEM has been worn and torn and it's time for a new pair of enjoyable listening IEMs.

Now, I've been researching on the site to avoid this thread, but I felt I still needed to make it because people would suggest headphones based on their previous headphones, which I didn't know how the sounds were, and what type of genres the IEM's suggested would produce the most natural sound. From what I've researched the RE0's are a great choice, but those are a little expensive for me and I'm not sure if they'd match my musical tastes. Also, I saw someone say the SoundMagic PL11's which is funny because it has the same exact housing as the NuForce NE-6's .

Anyway, My budget is around 40 bucks.

The genres of music I listen to are
-Hip Hop/Rap
-House/Electro/Trance
-Rock (just a little)

If anyone could please help me, that'd be fantastic. Thank you!
I'd like to hear as many opinions as I can!

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 19
Brainwavz M1 -- very similar to the NE-6 -- good bass, the mids and highs are probably more natural sounding, as the NE-6 seemed a little hot and high to me.  Just bought a M1 for my teen son and we both like them alot.  $40 on Amazon.com.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 19

Quote:
Brainwavz M1 -- very similar to the NE-6 -- good bass, the mids and highs are probably more natural sounding, as the NE-6 seemed a little hot and high to me.  Just bought a M1 for my teen son and we both like them alot.  $40 on Amazon.com.

thanks for adding your input i do appreciate it.

keep em comin people!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 19

Quote:
Don't get re0 for those genres. Look into all the meelectronics IEMs most are under $50 and have good reviews on here.

Thanks man. I was actually looking into the M6's for strictly working out because the have an over-the-ear fit, and a good bang for the buck is what I've heard. You might've just reinforced my thoughts to get it
L3000.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 19
Sure here is one I suggest everyone to try.. Check these out. The monoprice 8320.. Simply amazing earphones.. Cost? $7.11.  I would get one before they sell out because of me..Keep an eye out on these threads as these are about to take off.. Why do I suggest these no name earphones? Because they sound like $200-$300 dynamic headphones. I always tell guys.. Try anything anyone else suggest and just for kicks try one of these..monoprice.com.. Oh by the way I truly doubt if there is another IEM that sound better for hip hop and trance than these...You can ignore this and think I am nuts or you can try one and see for yourself.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
Sure here is one I suggest everyone to try.. Check these out. The monoprice 8320.. Simply amazing earphones.. Cost? $7.11.  I would get one before they sell out because of me..Keep an eye out on these threads as these are about to take off.. Why do I suggest these no name earphones? Because they sound like $200-$300 dynamic headphones. I always tell guys.. Try anything anyone else suggest and just for kicks try one of these..monoprice.com.. Oh by the way I truly doubt if there is another IEM that sound better for hip hop and trance than these...You can ignore this and think I am nuts or you can try one and see for yourself.

i find that to be so odd. $7.11 for a pair of IEM's ? At that price I had to do it. Yep, I ordered them @ $9. If I don't like em, they're going to be someone's christmas gift LOL
tongue.gif

By the way, if they stink, I'm comin back to this thread and letting you know! If they don't I'll eat my words =)

But, keep the suggestions comin people!

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #8 of 19
Ya you are in for a What moment...The only negatives is these come with one smallish mid sized tip.. I hope you have extras. Once you get a proper tip on these. Lets me just say.. There will be a new thread regarding these... Glad you took my advice.. You have nothing to loose right. Wait till you hear the dynamics, the balance, the bass on these. These will make you wonder why everyone pays so much money for great sounding stuff around here....

Oh one last thing burn them in for a good 24 hours then take a listen. There is a very good chance that whatever IEM you get next might sound lacking compared to these.. That sounds crazy right. How can an IEM that cost less than a bottle of cheap scotch sound better than a earphone that will cost 3X 5X 10X more? How can it. I still ask that question today.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #10 of 19
For those genres around 40 bucks, I can't recommend the Soundmagic e30s enough.  An outstanding headphone that has a slight bass tendency for the rap/hip hop genre.  Definitely worth a listen.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
Dsnuts= FOTM maker 
biggrin.gif

lol well see what happens. i didnt have anything to lose really :p

Quote:
For those genres around 40 bucks, I can't recommend the Soundmagic e30s enough.  An outstanding headphone that has a slight bass tendency for the rap/hip hop genre.  Definitely worth a listen.

would they suffice for the techno scene as well? I listen to A LOT of music with heavy heavy bass but the mids and trebles shouldnt be forgotten. Because, in Dutch House (a genre i listen to a lot) they have these ear-injuring trebles sometimes mixed with deep deep bass

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #12 of 19

Quote:
Dsnuts= FOTM maker 
biggrin.gif

Just for you my friend!. I only bring stuff guys have no idea about because no one is gonna try a $7.11 earphone.. Cus they can't possibly sound good right? I mean thats the cost of some street Tacos..I will just laugh once these are sold out at monoprice is all I have to say about these..I have been listening to these all morning. These are stupid. I just can't get over how great these sound.  I eagerly await someone to tell me I am full of poo. hahaha!

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #13 of 19
Umm.. Anywhere else I can get these from? Shipping to Israel costs $33 :blink:

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 19
also, I've read that Xears are awesome for my type of music liking but from what I've also read, they are not to swell with the trebles. Anyone mind expanding on a budget pair of Xears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back