Next milwaukee meet?
May 26, 2004 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Ebonyks

Headphoneus Supremus
I've talked to a few people, and their certaintly seems to be some intrest for this one. I was thinking of doing it sometime in july to match it up with the last meet as being 6 months away, but it seems like there's a chicago meet also occuring around that time, perhaps in august?

What do you guys think? I'll try to bring the music hall to this one, but i'm not sure i'll be able to do that.

May 26, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 30
I can't bring much to the table as I am still a headphone newb but I would be very interested in attending a meet this summer. I'll be at MSOE from June 5-August 14 for an internship and would love to do some stuff away from the school to make the summer that much more interesting. I'll keep tabs on this forum to see if something develops.

May 26, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 30
Right now, the meet is probably going to take place in the shorewood library, which is only 10-15 miles from MSOE, it shouldn't be at all hard for you to get to.

Also, there's going to be a great concert at MSOE on july first. Pedro the lion is doing a show with john vanderslice, it's down at wher hall, and tickets are only 10 bucks, it should be a good time.

May 27, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 30
To be perfectly honest with you I hadn't ever heard of pedro the Lion but I just d/l'ed two of the band's songs off of epitonic.com and kinda like the sound. I think I just figured out what I'll be doing on July 1st.

Thanks
600smile.gif

**Edit**
I also just d/l'ed some John Vanderslice songs off his website and looks like I just found myself some cool new music to buy. Very cool and thanks again.

Jun 3, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #7 of 30
I don't have an amp to bring - maybe by July I'll have a PPX or the new Eddie Current - but I can bring the potato chips and my 580's.

Jun 15, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #8 of 30
I'd definately go to a milwaukee meet even though I'm currently planning on the chicago meet. I dont have much stuff yet, but I'll bring my Ety's, Monarchy SuperDIP, a couple mp3 players and anything else I have by then (possibly a headsave vibe and/or an Ack dAck)

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 30
Given when the chicago meet is, i think i'll push this one back, probably till september.

That work with the people here?

Jul 31, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 30
Hey, i've been putting some stuff together, and it looks like the meet would probably be best to happen in early-mid september. Everything in that time peroid is open to me, and if anyone who wants to attend would have any problems, let me know so we can work out a date.

Also, unless there are any major objections, it would likely take place at the library again. I've gotten some mixed opinions about what people think of that place, but even if it is a bit awkward and sterile, i like the fact it provides a great listening envoirnment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back