Next build Bottlehead Smack or Cavalli EHHA rev.A
May 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hello im sean

100+ Head-Fier
Hello DIY'ers,  Im still a noob at this kinda but i have made a mini^3 portable amp already so i do have some experience.  I was wondering if id be better off making a Bottlehead Smack or a Cavalli EHHA rev. A for my next amp.  I currently only own a pair of ultrasone 900 pro's which i'm pretty sure would work better with the EHHA but i do love the all tube sound and i plan on getting a pair of AKG Q701's soon.  I like the smack because Bottlehead seems to make great all around kits/amps for a great price AND the impedance is adjustable for almost any pair of headphones.  The EHHA seems like a great hybrid for the price point and also pretty versatile with a wide range of headphones.  The EHHA is harder build definitely but i like challenging myself.  I just hope it will still have a tube-ish sound?  I mostly listen to EDM now but i still go to my roots of metal and classic rock.  Which amp do people seem to like better of these two kits? which would you recommend for me and why? thank you so much.

-Sean

May 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 3
Both are great amps - If you have the money, I'd go with the Bottlehead though. Very versatile amp, their kits are great build experiences, and it really does pair nicely with the 701.

May 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 3
hey thanks! what are the pros of the Smack over the EHHA rev.A besides that all tube sound? or is that all 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back