NEWS: New 4G iPods in August!
Jul 15, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #16 of 26
Man, just when I was narrowing down my choices... Now, Apple does this, Creative comes out with the Touch (and I'm sure they'll be release ones with larger drives, too), Rio is readying the Karma2, DMC is saying they'll be coming out with larger drives, on and on... Maybe I'll just set a deadline. I'll make up my mind by the end of August and make a purchase on Sept. 1. Can I wait that long w/out a portable player, though?

Jul 15, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #17 of 26
Smaller's fairly impossible unless they completely kill it by reducing the headphone amp and the battery size.
Sleeker...What does that mean?

Everything else sounds gravy, but I personally doubt colors myself, unless they come up with a detacheable face plate design. That equates to a minimum of 6 different iPods, and I have trouble believing all 3 sizes sell well enough to justify. However I could be wrong on that.

Jul 15, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #18 of 26
Is it just me, or is the purple unit's screen a lot bigger than the others??
blink.gif
I do hope that Apple ditches that hideous white design that has plagued the iPod.

Jul 15, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #19 of 26
They need black and silver as options. I wonder who'll be the first to do customized flames and such...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #21 of 26
I want an iPod that costs $6000 so that no one else will have it and I will be cool. It doesn't need to have any special features or sound any better or play MP3s.
I'll engrave it QUALIA! Then you can all bow down to me.

Jul 15, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLP
Smaller's fairly impossible unless they completely kill it by reducing the headphone amp and the battery size.
Sleeker...What does that mean?

Sleeker means thinner.

And about colors: If they are colored, there's definitely going to be a blue one and possibly silver and black. They aren't just going to release only wacky colors. That would be a stupid business move. (Oh, and they will certainly not have detachable face plates. That's too tacky for Apple.)

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #23 of 26
thinksecret has a poor track record on all the rumors they come up with, at least regarding the iPod. publicity stunts IMO. but, as evident here, it gets people talking and spreading thier URL...

Jul 15, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #24 of 26
ThinkSecret has been right on the money with the recent G5 speculation (not the iMac G5, but the G5), as well as all the new LCD displays that Apple just announced. There were pretty accurate predictions even dating back to the last iMac re-make (the lamp shape thing).

Of course, they have their misses, but I wouldn't discredit them completely. Given the reported fact that 60GB hard drives has been shipping to Apple for a while now, I wouldn't be surprised that the iPod upgrade is in fact right around the corner.

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #26 of 26
If it is made from aluminium like the mini and has beter batterylife...damn, first i waited fot Hi-MD, then tried an iriver-799, returned it, waited longer for Hi-MD, then got interested in the Zen touch, not out either, then the Sony NW-HD1 was announced, that looked great, that was the one I was gonna get (I don't mind the ATRAC) but if this is true...

It's not that I want the best; I want a small metal casing, enough capacity (20 Gb is more then enough) and long batterylife and no major flaws. It just isn't here yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back