NEWS: New 4G iPods in August!
Jul 14, 2004 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

br--

100+ Head-Fier
ThinkSecret, which has been very reliable as of late, has just reported that the new iPod will come out in August and will be:
- Smaller
- Sleeker
- Come in a variety of colors
- Touchwheel from the iPod Mini
- Larger hard drives (60GB)
- Same/similar prices

It says that they will have more features than the Mini which I assume is a hint that it will have a color screen and possibly more battery life.

Enjoy!

Jul 15, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 26
Not much here to make a 3G owner make an upgrade unless there is some cool unknown feature. I could alway use more disk space though. I wonder if it will ever have a color screen so you could see the CD-cover art? That would be an interesting feature. Wonder what screen size it will have?

Jul 15, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 26
Hmm..60 GB....I wonder how much I could get for my 30 if I put it up for sale.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #5 of 26
That is great news. I have to decide what to sell next so I can pick one up. All I need is a bigger drive, the mini's touch wheel and better battery life. I can live without the color screen. Flac support would also be nice.

Jul 15, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 26
Personally, my main concern is about the cache. I like to play lossless files on my iPod and it's really straining on the battery and the hard drive to have it spin up after every song. I hope (and expect) the cache to be at least 64MB.

Jul 15, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 26
I like the form of the Mini over the regular iPod. I have the 30 gig. Still have room on it. So if the new iPod is the Mini style...
I did have the back of the Mini engraved "always upgrade".

cool.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 26
OLED is a new kind of display technology that's brighter and clearer than current LCD and LED technologies and manages to reduce the power draw at the same time. It's going to be the next big thing in displays. You could probably get a lot more info off Google.

Jul 15, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #10 of 26
if the ipod4 still uses the 3rd gen buttons configuration i'm going down to my local apple store and slap them all

Jul 15, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by br--
ThinkSecret, which has been very reliable as of late, has just reported that the new iPod will come out in August and will be:
-

Actually it says they will be "announced" in August, not necessarily available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back