News from HeadRoom
Mar 31, 2005 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Rainbird

100+ Head-Fier
On Headrooms homepage I found that some of the devices (like the Home amp) are not longer for sale. I am very curious what will come next....
Any rumors so far?
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 22
Headroom is supposedly rolling out a completely new lineup in the near future. It seems that there will be digital products (think headamps with digital/usb inputs: both home and portable), a new version of the Blockhead (I bought 2 of the last 4 of the original model to ever be made last month), and probably some other surprises. This is all speculation based on some comments Tyll has made here. We'll just have to wait and see...

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Not too much longer now.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Ahhh! Tyll you are such a tease.. can you give us a hint when?
smily_headphones1.gif

- Justin

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Bring it on. I'm itching.

Well well, If it isn't Mr Ampless. I was wondering when you would show up
wink.gif

Getting a bit restless are we? It would explain the itching....

Wait till the "others" find out where you've been hiding....

You should try leaving the amplification forum...Apparently, they have a headphone forum, dedicated source forum and others.....apparently...you should try it.....

Apr 1, 2005 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert
how about a nice tube amp?? no to dual triodes; yes to Sowter tranies
eggosmile.gif

Headroom did mention something about a tube lineup awhile back. But I haven't heard anything about it recently.

Apr 2, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 22
Well Rumors so far,
at least only Tyll can end the waiting. Let's see what they will bring out. It should be a bigger change till the almost sold out almost all non portable amps.

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #11 of 22
well, you're not wrong. My contact with HeadRoom points towards (at least) something portable, competing with the Coda. Might just get whatever they release for my new HD650's
600smile.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Well well, If it isn't Mr Ampless. I was wondering when you would show up
wink.gif

Getting a bit restless are we? It would explain the itching....

Wait till the "others" find out where you've been hiding....

You should try leaving the amplification forum...Apparently, they have a headphone forum, dedicated source forum and others.....apparently...you should try it.....

Whazzup Pinkie!?
icon10.gif

You know I'm gonna be around. No other choice but to hang around here since I am, indeed, Mr. Ampless! As for the itching, I think that's something I caught hanging around with the wrong sort....you perhaps?
wink.gif

The "others" are totally sympathetic to my plight. As a matter of fact, they're trying to help a poor soul out. So Jude has actually added more forums?? Gotta try those out......as soon as I get my amp that is. Til then I'm dried gum on this forums shoe. Ray's the only one who can solve this problem. Of course, the Headroom crowd might be able to if they'll hurry this wave of new amps to market. Clocks a tickin'!! Heck, I might just get back with "judas" and see if there's actually a price that can tempt him to turn on you for real. Everyone has a price now don't they??
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #13 of 22
[size=small]KenW, You still have no amp for those Joe Grado HP2's!?! Why, you sorry soul!
cool.gif
When are you suppose to get this Raptor from Ray?

I am holding for a new mini sized Phil LaRocco Pocket Reference (or PR) myself. I will pay extra for a fully enhanced one. After that lands in the house, I'll have to find a home amp that can top the PR---not necessarily a small feat since the PR can reputedly outmuscle many home amps.
[/size]

Apr 3, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap
[size=small]KenW, You still have no amp for those Joe Grado HP2's!?! Why, you sorry soul!
cool.gif
When are you suppose to get this Raptor from Ray?

I am holding for a new mini sized Phil LaRocco Pocket Reference (or PR) myself. I will pay extra for a fully enhanced one. After that lands in the house, I'll have to find a home amp that can top the PR---not necessarily a small feat since the PR can reputedly outmuscle many home amps.
[/size]

Nope. No amp since Feb. I just sit here and admire the HP-2 build quality and imagine what she's like. As for when the Raptor is due, well that's the $64K question now isn't it? Ray says "soon" though.

Apr 3, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Nope. No amp since Feb. I just sit here and admire the HP-2 build quality and imagine what she's like. As for when the Raptor is due, well that's the $64K question now isn't it? Ray says "soon" though.

[size=small]
I would love to get my hands on a audiophile caliber portable DAC. The biggest difference between home systems and portable systems appears to lie in the mediocre DACs which staurate the portable source market.

I missed out on the HeadRoom Coda/Overture sale, which seemed to have lasted all of 2 seconds! AOS seems to have given up the portable audio business. So now we are all here waiting for Tyll to provide our latest "fix."
icon10.gif

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back