News from HeadRoom
Apr 4, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #16 of 22
Jap,
I totally agree, but the stuff we are looking for should be still somewhat portable. Wouldn't it be great is both DAC and AMP in Hi-Fi quality could share one box (a dream I know.... but.....).

Apr 4, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbird
Jap,
I totally agree, but the stuff we are looking for should be still somewhat portable. Wouldn't it be great is both DAC and AMP in Hi-Fi quality could share one box (a dream I know.... but.....).

[size=small]
This already happened with the AOS Flute, a portable DAC/amp combo by Head-fi member AOS. AOS also had an older model (who's name escapes me just now) which was another portable DAC/amp combo.

Unfortunately, AOS indicates on his website (aoselectronics) that he is out of the portable audio market. He shows an improved model called the Flute 2 on the site which sports a better DAC but emphasizes that it is not for sale. Therefore, unless AOS changes his mind, we are all bound to Tyll like hopeless, pathetic junkies in need of a fix.
cool.gif

[/size]

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap
Therefore, unless AOS changes his mind, we are all bound to Tyll like hopeless, pathetic junkies in need of a fix.
cool.gif

Well...I'll have some good stuff soon, but it won't be cheap. It will get you right between the ears though.

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Well...I'll have some good stuff soon, but it won't be cheap. It will get you right between the ears though.

[size=small]
We will pay for good stuffing between our ears.
icon10.gif

[/size]

Apr 5, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #22 of 22
AOS is leaving the market? Darn it right after he released some promising models too! The headphone world can always use some friendly competition imho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back