News :: 10th Anniversary Evangelion Audio-Technica Headphones
Apr 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #17 of 43
Nice pickup that the pilot plug is incorporated into the cup - imagine that madness! Nice place for a pair of binaural mics...

Anyhow, finally there's some full size cans to go with the NERV iPod - official release, only in Japan:

thumb320x223-images760727.jpg

Since it's a 4G, I guess it could become an iMod...

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jahn, any idea of the price on that? I could care less about the special edition - just been looking for a NIB 4G for a while (for the iMod, of course).

http://www.techjapan.com/Article746.html

47,250 yen was the going price, but they're all sold out so the best bet is on yahoo japan auctions probably.

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #21 of 43
Now if they wanted to make it properly Eva like they'd have interfaced the music directly with the ventral tegmental. Bone conduction would have nothing on that.

Apr 27, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice pickup that the pilot plug is incorporated into the cup - imagine that madness! Nice place for a pair of binaural mics...

Anyhow, finally there's some full size cans to go with the NERV iPod - official release, only in Japan:

thumb320x223-images760727.jpg

Since it's a 4G, I guess it could become an iMod...

I'd rather go with this http://blog.goo.ne.jp/3rd1tf1/e/8efe...52edc9730e9f5a

Apr 27, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 43
yup, I was actually planning about getting the kenwood one.

but back then, i have absolute no access toward online shopping to japan, so I just gave up (i bought a sony WMA3000 instead ) which made me swear to never buy sony MP3 player again, its UI and stability sucks

Apr 27, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #28 of 43
The problem with these phones is they don't really look much like they have anything to do with NGE unless you've already been told what they're supposed to be. I'd probably buy them if they were more easily identified, but as it is it just looks like some ugly candyraver headphones.

Apr 27, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think one based on the MP Eva Units would be more appropriate and better looking. I just can't get over the purple-green of 01.

man, those guys were the ipod aesthetic, like, 3 years early. I think if they did that route, it would be indistinguishable from the modern aesthetic status quo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back