News :: 10th Anniversary Evangelion Audio-Technica Headphones
Apr 28, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 43
I may be a massive Eva fan, but I still can't see myself buying a pair, especially at that price. I think something along the lines of a solid black phone with the red NERV logo engraved on it would look pretty cool.

Any ideas what phone they are based on?

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..........but the reasoning behind this cross-over eludes me.........

The only thing that I can think of was the fact that Shinji was always laying around in the empty room and listening to his MD with the ear buds. But other than that it is a little bit of a stretch.

But still too pricey to think about.

But if it was Golden Boy then I would have to think about it:

golden_boy_f.jpg

Cheers,

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing that I can think of was the fact that Shinji was always laying around in the empty room and listening to his MD with the ear buds. But other than that it is a little bit of a stretch.

But still too pricey to think about.

But if it was Golden Boy then I would have to think about it:

golden_boy_f.jpg

Cheers,

Nah, yo. Shinji had a Sony DAT tape player and Sony earbuds. Probably where they saw some sorta alternate future headed before the MP3 DAP was ever imagined. Funny how something so recent has already given us it's own 'flying car'. y'know?

On that note, now that I think about it, Eva might have had something to do with me getting into portable audio for the first time back when I was a kid. Though I didn't know what DATs were.

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The actual reason behind this is that Evangelion is the largest cash cow in all of the Japanese anime industry historicallhy. There are dozens of thousands of random stuff with the Evangelion branding. And it sells. People will pay anything for official Evangelion gear.

DUDE! tell me about it. I have a Japanese catalog bound in the same format as their full color art/production book (not a roman album, but bigger). All Eva. All kitcsh. It was frightening to me even when I was in my most emphatic throes of anime fandom/fagdom. Something like "if I'm ever a famous manga artist guy, I hope it never ever comes to this."

Apr 28, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, yo. Shinji had a Sony DAT tape player and Sony earbuds. Probably where they saw some sorta alternate future headed before the MP3 DAP was ever imagined. Funny how something so recent has already given us it's own 'flying car'. y'know?

It was a mythical "SDAT" actually.

...why am I correcting you on this?

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was a mythical "SDAT" actually.

...why am I correcting you on this?

Because we are all dorks. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #39 of 43
well... EVA the remastered DVD set is selling for like.. 50 bux now anyone wanna get one and see what is the difference?

(I heard they made the colors slightly more colorful. After all, EVA was made in like. ... 1996? the time when DVD is either not exist or popular (forgot) and none digital recording usually suffer from the lost of color

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSlayerZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well... EVA the remastered DVD set is selling for like.. 50 bux now anyone wanna get one and see what is the difference?

(I heard they made the colors slightly more colorful. After all, EVA was made in like. ... 1996? the time when DVD is either not exist or popular (forgot) and none digital recording usually suffer from the lost of color

EVA REMASTERED is already too old. EVA PLATINUM is also old.

EVA 07 is under preorder status right now. $240 USD.

Apr 29, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #41 of 43
holy.... that is another so called collection rip off...

but to be true though, the shopping capability of the anime fans in Japan is scary, even the Japan government can not ignore it...

With that being said, I am not sure will the headphone sound good or not. Judging from the fact that also all the EVA related items are 1.5-2.0 times its original value.... I am seriously uncertain how the headphone will turn out to be

Apr 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #42 of 43
it looks nice, i hope it sounds better. a bit pricey though; but not for collectors i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back