Newly brought Shure SE215 Special Edition/Limited Edition
Dec 11, 2012 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

jrwong28

100+ Head-Fier
Product HighlightsLimited EditionBlue Earphone Housings46” cable length (instead of the standard 60”)Lighter Shade of Black Replaceable CablesSlightly Warmer Sound Signature – Small Increase In Low EndModified Driver to Achieve the Warmer Sound by Changing the Value of the Acoustic Resistance to the Rear Cavity Volume.This Modification Creates a Slight Change in Performance, Making the Overall Sound Signature a Little Warmer.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 36
Looks amazing!, huge improvement over the Clear/Black flavours. Aside from the blue shells, are there any sonic differences between these and the standard SE215's?
I try both the standard 215 and this Ltd one my tracks of playing song was Taylor Swift we will are never ever getting back together and melee built to last overall the bass is slightly tighter than the standard one so my mind told me to pick this up

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 36
I just got these over the weekend as well.  Let them run for about 30 hours and have been listening to them the last day.  Haven't heard the regular version so can't compare the two.  Will say the sound on these is excellent provided you can get the proper fit with them.  Still struggling with that a little bit.  The looping over the ears sometimes seems to work better than others and if that is off the seal isn't optimal.  Anyone have any suggestions as far as that goes?  Otherwise I am extremely pleased and considering getting the iphone control cord.  I of course wish they didn't charge so much for it.  Could someone who has it tell me-- is the length the usual 64 inches of the standard 215's.  The limited edition comes with a 48 inch cord which has its pluses and minuses.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #6 of 36
I just got these over the weekend as well.  Let them run for about 30 hours and have been listening to them the last day.  Haven't heard the regular version so can't compare the two.  Will say the sound on these is excellent provided you can get the proper fit with them.  Still struggling with that a little bit.  The looping over the ears sometimes seems to work better than others and if that is off the seal isn't optimal.  Anyone have any suggestions as far as that goes?  Otherwise I am extremely pleased and considering getting the iphone control cord.  I of course wish they didn't charge so much for it.  Could someone who has it tell me-- is the length the usual 64 inches of the standard 215's.  The limited edition comes with a 48 inch cord which has its pluses and minuses.
The iphone control cord is 64 inches i asked the sales staff there current shure don't sell the 48 inches cable :rolleyes:

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #7 of 36
I'll be reviewing these next week, will take pics tomorrow

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 36
thinking to pick this one up
After 4 hours of hearing i really love this speciale editio so much the bass is big and deep when i listen to linkin park song vocal in front bass banging behind like.crazy one words awesome mid is great too low seen to be fair

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:
I try both the standard 215 and this Ltd one my tracks of playing song was Taylor Swift we will are never ever getting back together and melee built to last overall the bass is slightly tighter than the standard one so my mind told me to pick this up

May consider picking up a pair now, even though I just purchased the Westone 3's a few days back :frowning2: wallet is running dangerously thin these days.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #10 of 36
May consider picking up a pair now, even though I just purchased the Westone 3's a few days back :frowning2: wallet is running dangerously thin these days.
beware christmas is comin soon u will be more broke lol... go for it's well it is stil available the standard 215 is good too but i hates the long cable :mad:

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #12 of 36
I buy a klipsch s4 at $52 at amazon black friday sales happy with the price but not the bass and sound even isolation seen so terrible shure did a better job at isolation and bass

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #13 of 36
After 4 hours of hearing i really love this speciale editio so much the bass is big and deep when i listen to linkin park song vocal in front bass banging behind like.crazy one words awesome mid is great too low seen to be fair

how's it compare to EX600? or MH1C
what u described seems fit my taste,,i'm thinking to pull my trigger.. convince me more.. :p

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #14 of 36
aqua colour, more flexible cable, more sparkling hi freq with good Bass too 
L3000.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #15 of 36
how's it compare to EX600? or MH1C
what u described seems fit my taste,,i'm thinking to pull my trigger.. convince me more.. :p
Not sure about MH1C .... you want bass go for shure or.sony klipsch...i just love the colour and bass that the reason why i brought it's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back