Newest Member of team Eggo!!
Mar 6, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #16 of 26
Well, I'm mainly referring to listening to them on the school-bus, where I have to jack up the volume pretty high. The D66s do have enough bass at lower volumes on portables, but as you turn it up the midrange and treble really take over. The A500s do have a lot more bass, but I use the D66s every day whereas I use the A500s about once or twice a week at most. I'll just describe that the A500s sound extremely smooth compared to the D66s, that's exactly how it is
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #17 of 26
what can you do about the isolation on the Grado phones, I am really tempted to use them as a alternate to the d66s but they seem to be too loud outside of the can.
is that just a product of the open cans?
are the a500 open?
and are they really that large compared with the eggos

Mar 6, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #20 of 26
wearing any headphones will eliminate the ability to pick up girls.

so far i like my eggo more than any other headphone i bought. my only complain is they have emphasis on the mid-treble. who ever said this headphone isnt good for gaming, they are great for fps because they position very well.

Mar 7, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #21 of 26
just got mine too 2 weeks ago!

at first i didnt like them because the highs were too harsh but after doing the tape mod and burning them in nonstop for 4 days, the bass got better!

thanks alot head-fi!

280smile.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #23 of 26
You take the pads and foam covering off and put pieces of tape over the "holes" that are covered with white stuff...I didn't do it, it's supposed to kill the D66-ness. If you want to, taking off the earcups and placing tissues/foam behind them makes the eggos sound a lot better IMO.

Mar 8, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #25 of 26
I have DSL, so I don't know what happened. Love them eggos, though
biggrin.gif

I bought them here

This is a great seller. He ships in like three days (CA to WA) and he has other items for sale, including Sharp MD players/recorders (don't know which) with docks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back